diet/ get in shape

I like what Big_guy said. "the best advice is stick with it".
I have no problem loosing up to 30 pounds in just one month but I could
never if I didn't stick to strict routine. It all boils down to how bad you want it.

I do want it and I know once I get there, I'll keep it, it's just that initial push. I know it's not instant. she leaves monday, then I'll hit it hard, just warming up and trying not to wonder what I'm doing and avoid getting discouraged.
beerchug.gif

Pills don't work. There is no magic easy way to do it. You did not get fluffy (nice way to say become a fat ass) overnight. It will not come off overnight. It is all about hard work and dedication. I am down 30lbs in just two months and have actually lost allot more in that in fat I am sure because I have been gaining muscle. Getting started sucks yeah but you will feel the motivation once you see results I think the pictures are important. When your wife comes back in a month and see the results you will be even more stoked to hit the gym. It also helps getting confidence and encouragement from others.

I actually post my pictures on o bodybuilding/fitness/weight loss page. It is allot like myspace except it helps you with your goals. You can track your weight online track your workouts online. Now that is pressure. There are some decent people on there two allot of them in the fitness industry that will give you encouragement and advice. I like it is like the Org of fitness. Allot of professionals with a ton of good advice. Here is the link to my page and check out other members there are some people who have done some great transformations too. As well as some smoking hotties on there. (nothing like the .org ladies though).

Bodyspace

go natural, no pills. my .02
+1,000,000

You do not need pills. You do not need supplements. You do not need creatine or dianabol. You do not need xenedrine. You do not need the South Beach diet, Atkins or any other bullsh!t.

You just need to hit the weight pile or run a few laps everyday or just five days a week. You need to cut the crappy sugar water "Soda" and stop eating salty carb snacks. Cut back on your supersize or kingsize fries and try to stay away from that oh so nutritous Wendy's bacon cheeseburger or the Double Whopper with cheese everyday.

I suppose that this is where water intake comes in beneficially since it replaces your urges to snack by filling you with clean calorie free water.

I will say that it is good to once in a while treat yourself to a nice greasy steak and cheese or one of thos bad foods. You will enjoy it much more, and you know that you earned it!

go natural, no pills. my .02
+1,000,000

You do not need pills. You do not need supplements. You do not need creatine or dianabol. You do not need xenedrine. You do not need the South Beach diet, Atkins or any other bullsh!t.

You just need to hit the weight pile or run a few laps everyday or just five days a week. You need to cut the crappy sugar water "Soda" and stop eating salty carb snacks. Cut back on your supersize or kingsize fries and try to stay away from that oh so nutritous Wendy's bacon cheeseburger or the Double Whopper with cheese everyday.

I suppose that this is where water intake comes in beneficially since it replaces your urges to snack by filling you with clean calorie free water.
I dissagree, you do need "South Beach diet, Atkins or any other bullsh!t". Exercise alone means jack sh!t if you are not eating properly. It's just people need to realize that diets are temporary and you need to make a life change. In that sense diet plans work for some people on a life basis, but you have to change it up to fit your lifestyle so you'll stick with it.

As for pills? Yes, useless. You'll notice they are allways sold with disclaimers "When used in conjuction with a healthy diet and exercise", which on it's own will make you lose weight.

Water? Fine line really. Too much isn't going to do much for you but can also be unhealthy. On the other side though drinking too little will actually hurt your body to recoup. It's different for everybody. If you start cramping up while working out, drink more water. Like Pro said, you gotta stay hydrated.

That is so sweet that you want to do that for her!
thumb_up.gif
I'm doing that for my husband right now though it's more tightening than losing weight. I've got a little junk in the trunk! (I'm 5'6 and weigh 130). Everyone's been telling you right, diet diet diet! I went on a strict diet for a car show that a friend asked me to be a pinup girl with another friend for his Viper (avatar picture) and dropped dessert, the one soda a week, half and half creamer in my coffee, alcohol and even when I went out to eat I had no fatty foods. I've always been a healthy eater. Eat citrus friuts and drink O.J. and tons of H2O! You'll see a huge difference. When you get to the gym for the first time and start eating healthy you will drop pounds like crazy! After a while dropping pounds will slow down but you'll be satisfied after a month just like you're hoping to do. Jog or even power walk (It burns calories and fats just as well as jogging) for the first week every day for 30 minutes as a low-impact workout so that you don't hurt your joints because they may not be used to running, and then the next week jog every day and then start running. Little things like waking up in the morning and doing 20 pushups and situps right when you get out of bed or right when you get off the crapper will help out tremendously. I ended up doing 65 pushups and 110 situps for my PT test from doing that everyday.

The single most important thing is mind over matter. STAY MOTIVATED!!!!! It's going to suck at first but your hard work will pay off in the end and you will want to get mope and more fit as you go and your woman will want to molest you all the time. My husband can't keep his hands off of me now! Plus of my jeans got saggy in the butt area. It's a great feeling! Go get `em Tiger!!

Purple1300

You may have seen the rules around here, but just in case you didn't, I'll remind you...

rulez8bn.gif
PICS ARE REQUIRED particularly when mentioning all of your "hotness"!!!
poke.gif

Back