Did I ride a unrestricted 08 Busa ?

iride

Registered
I did the bypass on the clutch switch, The upper gears and upper RPMs sucked, The bike was hard to keep smooth in the lower gears, 1st and 2ed
BUT, she felt a lot stronger and pulled harder in the 1st three gears short shifting???? I also pulled a FI light when WFO , I rewired the switch but have not been able to ride due to the rain,,,,
So are the lower gears restricted?
Just throwing this out there ?????
Mike

Thats a new one on me..... Doesn't even make sense.

Haven't heard of that one...

I use a GPS mod (electrical) that goes behind the clutch basket~!~

Last edited:
The clutch switch does do a map switch and is a safety measure to start the bike. If you've bypassed the switch by making it always an active circuit then that's why the bike is running poorly. Revert things back to the OE electrical setup before continuing to ride. If you want to derestrict the speed limiter then you have a few options you can take but none of them involve the clutch switch.

:rofl: you actually made it slower...but gave yourself a nice illusion when you attemted to go past the rev limiter for neutral....???

I was not after performance, I just did not want to have to pull my clutch lever in when I start the bike,,, :beerchug:
I have always done away with the (IMO) stupid safety switch's. like the kickstand switch...:whistle:
Mike

I was not after performance, I just did not want to have to pull my clutch lever in when I start the bike,,, :beerchug:
I have always done away with the (IMO) stupid safety switch's. like the kickstand switch...:whistle:
Mike

Should of bought a Harley ...:poke:

I think the kickstand switch is overkill. The clutch switch is a good idea.

If I get off my running bike with the stand down and I go to open the garage door, I have to put the stand up to ride 8 feet.

I think the kickstand switch is overkill. The clutch switch is a good idea.

If I get off my running bike with the stand down and I go to open the garage door, I have to put the stand up to ride 8 feet.

You can get into trouble in 8 feet if you are turning. I like the safety devices and think that they are a good. We all have the "senior moments" or "just wasn't thinking"... and if these switches save my bike then great. :beerchug:

Go ahead and bypass them "stupid safety switches", Suzuki only puts them on the bike to protect themselves from people that do stupid stuff and then try to sue. :poke:

I did the bypass on the clutch switch, The upper gears and upper RPMs sucked, The bike was hard to keep smooth in the lower gears, 1st and 2ed
BUT, she felt a lot stronger and pulled harder in the 1st three gears short shifting???? I also pulled a FI light when WFO , I rewired the switch but have not been able to ride due to the rain,,,,
So are the lower gears restricted?
Just throwing this out there ?????
Mike

This is what guys that install a TRE say..... :poke:

Truth is you did more harm than good, seat of the pants is KILLER for some people.... :rofl:

This is what guys that install a TRE say..... :poke:

Truth is you did more harm than good, seat of the pants is KILLER for some people.... :rofl:

Esp if you make motor sounds with your mouth. Butt dyno FTL.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bypassing this switch will set a light and code every time. It's not suppose to be done on these bikes.

Yes he did, and from what I have read on here SmithBusa is an expert on the Busa:bowdown:, But what I was saying in the low RPM band runnning the neutral map my bike felt very peepy:laugh:, Any way the feel of it in the lower RPMs convinced me to send in my ECU to get flashed,,:cheerleader:
My clutch switch is back on, Low 1st gear was rough, High ( over 6000 )RPMs sucked, But I did get a feel for the unrestricted lower gears by short shifting,,,, Am I making any sence? If not I give up.:poke:

I think SmithBusa explained this to you when you posted in another thread.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/114660-eror-code-c40-when-jumpering-clutch.html#post2308279

The reason why the bike is rough is because with the clutch jumped your running in the neutral map. This means that at high RPM your secondary injectors are not kicking in (I believe) and that would explained the roughness and FI light at higher RPM. :beerchug:

Boostbysmith sells a switch for $32 to turn off the top end limiter. Cheapest way to do it.

Back