do i need a power commander

hemi

Registered
got about 3800 miles on my 08 busa. Installed a set of yosh carbon slip ons at about 1000 miles i think. Lately i have noticed it back firing a little under hard acceleration (mostly in 1st gear) when it gets up to maybe 7-8k rpms. Also, just noticed the other night the short 12" chrome pipe that attaches to the carbon slip-ons is starting to look a gold/bronze tone color to it. Is my bike running too lean and i need a pc. I don't see how slip-ons could cause it to run lean though. That is the only performance mod i have done so far, besides switching to amsoil which gave me about an extra 45 hp :rofl:

I have Yosh slip ons on mine and don't have a backfire. You should not need a PC unless you are running a full exhaust or have made other changes to fueling.

the marble mod should solve the backfire problem.... I, as well as many others, have done this due to back firing when slip-ons/full exhaust were added and it stopped immediately.

No, you do not need a PC...SS pipes turn yellow/brownish after a while.
Posted via Mobile Device

DO YOU NEED ONE: No(as stated by others)
Should you get one: Probably, as stated earlier will help with performance (IF TUNED PROPERLY)
Also, If you plan on doing any other mods in th future that may or may not increase performance then yeah you definitely should get one.

:rofl:

Cracks me up when people go on for MONTHS saying you don't need a PC on a Gen-II, now they are in here saying you need one.... :rofl:

the marble mod should solve the backfire problem.... I, as well as many others, have done this due to back firing when slip-ons/full exhaust were added and it stopped immediately.
On my first gen the marble mod completely stopped ALL the backfiring.....she's as smooth as glass now :thumbsup:

You only need an alternative means of fuel adjusting if you cannot obtain correct A/F ratios with Yosh Box adjustment.
With ECU flashing now available there is really at no time one could say they need a PC or a PCv or an Auto tune or a ....... yadda yadda yadda :banghead:
The guy that tells you that you do allready has his hand in your pocket :whistle:
Just my 52.5 cents worth

Could some kind soul explain to me in very simple terms what the difference is in using a PC III vs ECU Flashing?
Thanks,
Lenny

Could some kind soul explain to me in very simple terms what the difference is in using a PC III vs ECU Flashing?
Thanks,
Lenny

both are ways of tuning fueling etc.

Ecu flashing does it directly at the ECU (chaning whats in the ecu's tables) vs doing it piggy back after the fact like power commander does

ECU controls all 8 injectors, PC controls only the lower 4. ECU does ignition control, PC will with an ignition module for more $$$, ECu can do map switching, so can PC with a hub and map switch, more $$$. ECU can be used as a kill box for air shifter, ecu can increase rev limiter, ecu can remove 6th gear restriction. ECU can do boost referenced fueling on turbo bikes, etc etc etc.

ECU flashing you use your laptop, free ecu editor software, and hardware that i build or you build yourself to send the ecu file from your laptop to the ecu on the bike, its a pretty simple process, more details at ECU Flashing

Greg

Back