Do i need to do anthing else after changing exhaust

sound1uk

Registered
Hey guys.
I bought my k8 in August and straight away put YOSHIMURA R77 CARBON FIBRE SLIP ON'S on to her.

Since then i have been told many things that i need to do to make it run better. From Air filter change to power commander.

Can anyone with actual experience tell me if i need to do anything else to it, because they are only slip on's.

The bike is running great however i only rode it out of the shop and round the corner before bringing her back to get the R77's on as it was to quiet :laugh:, so i dont know any difference.

Thanks guys and i am loving this forum.

Chris :bowdown:

I put Hotbodies slip on's on mine runs great, the stock computer will adjust to the perfect A/F ratio. No power comander needed ! :thumbsup:

100_0696.JPG

Awesome.
Thanks for the info, saves me throwing money away.

Now this may sound stupid, but if i put a k&n air filter or something like that will i get any more of a noise from it. LOL :whistle:
As in while the bike give more of a grunt or not????????????????

Although I have no actual factual information for this, when I put the K&N in my bike, I think it sounded better. Little deeper exhaust tone I think.

One more thing you may want to do is ... wrap it box it an ship it to me... jk

enjoy the ride:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nope, nothing more needs to be done. You can get a K&N and install it and still don't need the Power Commander or any remap. Save the money for fresh tires :thumbsup:

Oh i like the slip on's how much and how does it sound? I have the RS3's and would like a better sound but not to much!
Thanks...............

Oh i like the slip on's how much and how does it sound? I have the RS3's and would like a better sound but not to much!
Thanks...............

Well i had a 600 with custom made exhausts before. The screamed and roared like crazy and i loved it.

The R77's however are a lot quieter than i would like them to be :laugh:

If you want to hear what they sound like i have a video on youtube with the Busa on R77's, it will give a rough idea of sound. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I put Hotbodies slip on's on mine runs great, the stock computer will adjust to the perfect A/F ratio. No power comander needed ! :thumbsup:

Sorry but this isn't true....

With slip-on's you are probably fine with no tuning but a full system IMO requires a PC or tuner of some sort. The OEM computer will NOT adjust to the perfect mixture....

Back