Did a top speed run

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
I won!

The bike did 194.05 @ 147.64 HP.

I won a $50 gift card.

Second place went to a stock ZX-14 @ 186 and third went to a ZX-10 w/spray @ 180.

Shibumi did a little better than me when he was there last week. He did 196.03.

That kinda surprises me. He has a PC3USB, bolt-ons and a TRE.

My mods are in the sig. We are both running stock gearing.

Any thoughts as to why he might run a little faster?

Don

Sweet
super.gif

You have the '05LE. Those are the slowest of the '05's. I'm not sure what Shibumi has, but the Black/Silver are the fastest of the '05's.
tounge.gif

Seriously, I've heard dynos will spit out different number on different days for the same bike. That is in reference to HP ... maybe that applies to top speed as well. Try getting both bikes done on the same day and see what happens.

It was colder and less humid when he ran.

My understanding is cold dry air makes more HP (although i might be wrong, but i've heard it alot) I don't know if it's me, but my Busa feels stronger when it's 60 out then when it's 90. but it might be in my head...lol

Colder air is denser air. That's the reason turbo-charged cars should have intercoolers.

(USN05LE @ Apr. 18 2007,20:07) I won!

The bike did 194.05 @ 147.64 HP.

I won a $50 gift card.

Second place went to a stock ZX-14 @ 186 and third went to a ZX-10 w/spray @ 180.

Shibumi did a little better than me when he was there last week.  He did 196.03.

That kinda surprises me.  He has a PC3USB, bolt-ons and a TRE.

My mods are in the sig.  We are both running stock gearing.  

Any thoughts as to why he might run a little faster?

Don
Weather conditions and or rear tire...if he has a fresher rear tire...it's going to be taller than yours.

A taller rear tire will act like a gear change
race.gif
more speed.

(NightCrawler @ Apr. 18 2007,20:27) You have the '05LE. Those are the slowest of the '05's. I'm not sure what Shibumi has, but the Black/Silver are the fastest of the '05's.
tounge.gif

Seriously, I've heard dynos will spit out different number on different days for the same bike. That is in reference to HP ... maybe that applies to top speed as well. Try getting both bikes done on the same day and see what happens.
Uhhhhh...errrrr.....ummmm.....AHEM.....(cough-cough)............"AHHHEM !!!!"................

"WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"..........

red and black's fastest..."mmmmkay".
super.gif

DSC00290__Small_.JPG

Back