Desend Service

honestly guys.... how reliable is the hayabusa valvetrain? I have extremely rarely seen anything out of spec.... and if so... its at high high mileage.... however... letting JOE BLOW take apart your beautiful gen2 hayabusa WILL cause issues/leaks.... leave that baby ALONE... don't overthink this..

Can there be any signs if its out of spec?

Can there be any signs if its out of spec?

There's a definite problem with valve clearance 'signs'. If they're too loose they'll be noisy but if they're too tight, you may not know it until a valve gets bent. The good news is that in most Busa motors, the valves rarely get very far out of spec. The only time I had mine checked just two were slightly tight.

lol.. I would bet 5 grand its not out of spec... hows that?

Hahahahaha! I believe you.... i bet it will then be best to just continue with ONLY oil and oil filter changes and inspecting the airfilter and oil and clean that as necessary-further on i will leave everything as is or until its a must for attention. Oh and plugs aswel every 15 000km...

The only noise my bike have (which i believe is normal) is when i start her. Its like a ticktickticktickticktickticktickticktick then temp slightly rise then tickticktickticktick is gone... i then let her rise till just above the first little stripe then i take off. Other than that no sounds and a smooth steady stable idol is all there is. ☺

If you have no confidence in the bike shops out there, I would leave it alone it could cause you a whole lot of problems if they get the valve adjustment wrong (in England we say If it ant broke don't fix it)

The only noise my bike have (which i believe is normal) is when i start her. Its like a ticktickticktickticktickticktickticktick then temp slightly rise then tickticktickticktick is gone... i then let her rise till just above the first little stripe then i take off. Other than that no sounds and a smooth steady stable idol is all there is. ☺

No that's not normal.

i anyway are not welcome there-lol)

Now THAT might be a story worth hearing :beerchug:

Lol when i was in search for my oil seals Suzuki was the first to call.... so did that around 9/10 in the morning. Gave them all info they needed and 2hrs or so later i heard nothing back after she promised she will phone me in 10 minutes time.
Just after 14:00 phone again then spoke to another sales person ( who is on 2 superbike whatsapp groups) he asked me same info again-i gave it and then he asked to whatsapp it-i did. Another couple of hours passed still heard nothing. Reminded him twice and still nothing.
Ended up ordering the seals from a local shop who does all brands and parts which is about 900km away-3days later i got my seals.

So then i thanked him personally on the whats app groups for a great service(so all bikers on there can consider using him-his still new). The guy from suzuki who never came back to me also saying what good service that is on my post caused me to suddenly totally lost it.
I posted the story i just wrote on whats app group aswel, and he denied it ALL! So i posted screenshots proving what i said... i also then added that they tried to sell me a damn dirtbike tyre for my busa once, when i once was there for brakepads they asked me what a hayabusa is (kawasaki or suzuki or yamaha)

So it was then made clear to me that i must stay away they are not going to assist me anymore.

Suits me though. They dont even stock pads/filters etc and i will get it quicker ordering it from SA or that other shop who got me the seal kit.

Lol now was that worth hearing?

To add- a freind of mine bought a Busa from them... they washed it for him before he went to pick it up. They polished his tyres and they did not had oil in that bike! Luckily he checked the oil and fluids before he climbed on and drove off.

Theres quite a couple of things i can tell you about them.... how they steal parts from customer bikes, fitting an oil seal with cellotape on a scooter etc etc etc etc

might
If you have no confidence in the bike shops out there, I would leave it alone it could cause you a whole lot of problems if they get the valve adjustment wrong (in England we say If it ant broke don't fix it)
that's damn right... if it aint broke... don't fix it.... its hard sometimes though

You have to pay $30 (each) for plugs? Do you live on Mars? If there's a way to buy and send a set to you that's cheaper just let me know.
Kiwi prices depending on international dollar price, varies too . GST (goods and services tax or gross stupidity tax) is 15% , like our fuel prices depending on international dollar price. No but Mars sounds better :banghead:

Ticking when cold for 30 seconds is common especially for 08 /09 bikes loads of threads on it

Damn.... I was afraid valve clearance might be necessary.... Suzuki Namibia cant do that for me. ( i anyway are not welcome there-lol)
So closest shop that might be able to help me is 1000km away just over the border in South Africa. I will make some calls Monday and see who might be able to help and get a quote for the job.

(Plugs i replace every 15000km whether they are still good or not.
Sprockets and chain replaced about 3000km ago so there i am still fine for a while.)
Thanks for the photos!
Is valve clearance an important thing to do?
Sounds like there's a business opportunity for a mobile mechanic, they come to you.

You have to pay $30 (each) for plugs? Do you live on Mars? If there's a way to buy and send a set to you that's cheaper just let me know.
It's the shops price, true it would be cheaper to source them elsewhere as I've done in the past. Prices have varied from between $19.50 to $33 each

It's the shops price, true it would be cheaper to source them elsewhere as I've done in the past. Prices have varied from between $19.50 to $33 each

Man that's a shame. I can buy a whole set of NGKs for about $20 and Iridiums for under $40. I'll bet tires and other consumables rip you off about the same.

Man that's a shame. I can buy a whole set of NGKs for about $20 and Iridiums for under $40. I'll bet tires and other consumables rip you off about the same.
Pretty much so bro, these new Road 5's cost me $590 NZD a set , most shops I go to often give me a good discount. It's all about the tax here my friend.

Back