Dented and scratched tank! Wtf?

my friend ordered the orange from colorite to paint his helmet to match the bike and it is 100% a match. good luck

2008 busa 009.jpg

I've had bad things like that happen, I feel your pain.

For now, toss a tank bag on it so you don't see it all the time.

Over the winter, pull it and drop it off at your favorite body shop. The one with the good paint shop. A good body guy can make it like it never happened.

Well, I am no master paint guy, but I do know that normally to do a good repair, you will want to refinish and reclearcoat from end to end thus meaning removal of the strips and refinishing/clearing the whole tank to do it right. If not, it will likely perforate and not last over time. I would probably order a new tank from suzuki already color matched and striped and just sell the other to someone for a project or that is a paint guy who can fix and resell! Realize that SO many people do custom paint that will need to remove the stripes anyway and repaint. Hopefully the dent is small and 100% repairable then you are in good shape!

Talk to your insurance company - maybe it could be covered under the house insurance vice the bike insurance. Good luck and tidy your garage.

My dealer says he can sell me the new OEM tank already painted with emblems and stripes for 640.00 so I think this is probably the way I'll go.:thumbsup:Thanks for the advice everybody.:beerchug:

I was thinking new/used tank. With it being that new and popular a bike, I'm sure the tanks are out there. It will save you a lot of hassle and come out exactly how you want it. I bet the price isn't as far off as you'd think either. You can sell your old one too. I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there that would want it.

Save yourself the hassle and just get another new or mint used tank. Trust me on this. You'll spend almost as much getting it repaired than buying new. Unless you find a GOOD painter that has color matching skills, nothing beats the factory paint. Even if the paint comes out decent, more than likely it'll always be off a shade or two. It sucks, but buy another tank. Plus you can offset the buy by selling your damaged tank. People buy that stuff.

Checkout Psychobike.com classifieds. Them racers over there are always selling off stock stuff.

Save yourself the hassle and just get another new or mint used tank. Trust me on this. You'll spend almost as much getting it repaired than buying new. Unless you find a GOOD painter that has color matching skills, nothing beats the factory paint. Even if the paint comes out decent, more than likely it'll always be off a shade or two. It sucks, but buy another tank. Plus you can offset the buy by selling your damaged tank. People buy that stuff.

Checkout Psychobike.com classifieds. Them racers over there are always selling off stock stuff.

+1, I went the repaint/match route once when I could have got new for cheaper and ended up with extra pieces which could have been Ebayed to make it an even better deal.
FUEL TANK GSX1300 HAYABUSA 2008 :: Hayabusa 2008 :: OEM Replacement Parts :: Suzuki Hayabusa :: Street & SuperSport :: Oneida Suzuki Inc

dang that kinda of stuff makes me sick, sorry to here, i think we all know the feeling....find youself a good body shop, if you cand stand the down time, or just wait for winter to set in...

Went to Color Rite and wouldn't ya know it only the orange (not the blue or gray) is a tri-stage paint so it can't really be spot painted and blended.You need to do the whole tank.:banghead: The primer, base coat, candy orange top coat, clear, reducer, and all came to almost 300.00 plus another 300.00 to get my paint guy to repair and paint it plus what ever the two side stripes and the two "s" emblems cost. It will cost as much, if not more to fix than to replace with new.??? My dealer will sell me a new tank, already painted from the factory with decals and emblems complete for 640.00 which is cheaper than any of the other two places that I found on the internet.:bowdown: My dealer really does take care of me.:thumbsup: Thanks for everyone help and kind words.

VERY sorry to hear your tale. Sometimes fate simply conspires against us.

Best of luck on resolving the issue.

PS: And definitely watch out for that cat! ;)

Sorry to hear bro

I put a queen size comforter over my bike when it sat in the garage,wife thought i was crazy but it saved it lots of times,just covering will only help with scratches,the extra pdding of the quilt protected from dents.

Call insurance company see what they say. Get a brand new tank.

dont know if id even ask,figure most have a nice deductable and then once you file a damn claim they can always raise your rates because now your a "risk". I personally would just suck it up and try and find a used one in like new condition.

Back