Dental question for anyone that knows

Sloto200

Off we go, into the wild blue yonder...
Donating Member
Registered
My daughter fell off her bike and went face first into the sidewalk. She is at the ER with my wife and they took xrays of her face. She has cracked a tooth and shifted 2 others. My daugthers dentist is out of town and dont know if we should wait to get it looked at or find someone else to look at it. Poor thing has to have a stitch put into her gums near her front teeth cause she split them as well as her lip. I feel so bad! I just hope she doesnt end up losing a tooth over this!
please.gif

Got a couple of questions for you.....check your PM's and give me a call. Wife is a CDA....might be able to help point you in the right direction.

Thanks VMan and Mrs VMan! Got some good advice and we are still trying to find a Dentist in town to get her to.

Thanks VMan and Mrs VMan!  Got some good advice and we are still trying to find a Dentist in town to get her to.
Anytime my friend......let us know if you need anything else. We both hope you can get someone to see her tonight.
Still trying. My wife has her at her dentist office but they are both out of town. A tech is looking at her and knows she needs to be seen. My wife took pics of her teeth and her xray with her phone and sent them to me but i dont have email on my phone to be able to post them. Looks bad. One of her front top teeth is pushed back really far and 2 other permenant teeth are shifted as well. We are calling the ER back to find out why they call in a dentist or if they even have one. So frustrating!
banghead.gif

hang in there.... I never had to do the parent side of this but I was the kid in the ER half a dozen times after doing my "stunts" How are her spirits?

the sooner the better. we went through similar thing with our daughter. we have a ped. dentist that gives us his cell #, his wifes cell, their home # as well. If you can find a ped. dentist i think it would be better. but vman im sure has given you the best advice here. good luck bro and dont sweat too much. it is all fixable.
thumb_up.gif

hang in there....  I never had to do the parent side of this but I was the kid in the ER half a dozen times after doing my "stunts"      How are her spirits?
She was very upset and in pain. She kept asking to look in a mirror but i didnt let her. She was so bloody i didnt want it to freak her out. I'm not sure if she has seen herself yet. She is pretty tough though. She has been to the ER before with a split forehead. She is going to be 7 next month. Hate for her to loose her teeth over this.

our daughter ended up with a gray tooth till it fell out. and had to get stitches in lip from tooth going through. she was 3 at the time

Dayum Shane...hate to hear your little one is hurt. Hope it works out for her. It is scary as a parent when this happens.

Hopefully you get all the help you can from the doctors.

Trying to get a dentist to the ER is like...well...pulling teeth. I went through something like this when my oldest was in a car accident. He cracked the root on his front tooth and pushed it back. We tried and tried to get a dentist to see him but by the time the hospital said ok he had to go into ICU on a vent and couldn't be seen. After getting him out of the hospital 2 weeks later he went to the dentist and had to have a root canal. some discoloration but not too bad.

I sure hope someone helps your baby soon.

Good news so far.  She finally got seen by a dentist that was called in.  I guess my small town doesnt have an on call dentist for the ER.  My wife took her to the regular kid dentist and only the tech was there. She made some phone calls and got us in touch with another dentist. The guy came in with his whole family my wife said.  He and his wife and older kids fixed up my daughter.  Still some unknowns though.  Only time will tell what will happen to the tooth that took such a blow.  Her lip is split pretty good and very swollen.  She had a stitch in her gums above her 2 front teeth.  And now she has some braces on her front teeth to keep them in place until the gums heal up around them again.  Thanks for all the support guys and gals!  
bowdown.gif

Good news so far.  She finally got seen by a dentist that was called in.  I guess my small town doesnt have an on call dentist for the ER.  The guy came in with his whole family my wife said.  He and his wife and older kids fixed up my daughter.  Still some unknowns though.  Only time will tell what will happen to the tooth that took such a blow.  Her lip is split pretty good and very swollen.  She had a stitch in her gums above her 2 front teeth.  And now she has some braces on her front teeth to keep them in place until the gums heal up around them again.  Thanks for all the support guys and gals!  
bowdown.gif
praise God!
ThumbsUp.gif

Back