Question for those of you with daughters

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Daughter wants to have a belly ring like her older step sister who is 17.
My daughter is 12 and will be 13 mid January. Her older step sister doesn't live with us but lives with her step father, Kathy's real dad. Kathy is my step daughter. Now Kathy's dad and I are pretty much on the same page but Kathy's step sisters mom thought it ok to let her 17 yr old have one. So now of course Kathy wants one.
My wife let her buy a fake one that involves no piercing but I said no on that too.
I don't mind them and in fact think they can be quite attractive on a woman,a GROWN woman, not a 12 year old or however old she is fixin to be. I think if we let her have the fake one it will be no time at all before she gets a real one. She also got a fake lip ring that just clips over your lip. No on that as well.
I'm old fashioned, sorry. But now in typical fashion the women are ganging up on me. All I have on my side is the Mohawk and he ain't any help cuz mommy gives him milk and Oreos to say what she wants!

So is 12-13 too young for lip rings and belly piercings or what?

Yes it's way to young. I don't have a daughter but I wouldn't even let this be a thought. When she gets older say 16 or 17 then maybe.

My daughter is 9. She has one of those feathers in her hair that's "cool" these days but that's gonna be about it until she's 18. I would say no to the belly ring for your daughters age.

Yes, way too young. I made my daughter wait till she was 18, for that and the tattoo.

Dude, I think 17 is to young.... I still remember when I was 17 and I definitely remember my thoughts when I was 17.

I think girls try to grow up to fast. My daughter is 13 and her mom step mom and every other girl in my family ganged up on me to let her where make up. Sadly I had to walk away with a compromise (mascara).

I think a fake one is equivalent to stuffing your bra.

Hell no! You and the old lady got to get on the same page before your kids start playing one against the other.

Daughter is almost 2,but still; if she still lives under my roof then it's my rules.
But in your case like others have said. Too young.

Way too young for any of that. Even 17 is to young imo. My ex-wife last year got my 8 year old daughter some stilettos and some super tight jean tights for family picture day. When I got there my daughter came up to me, and her parents and her brother all looked at me and instantly said "it wasn't us". It took every ounce of strength in me not to lose my mind. I told her mother in spanish, if you want to dress like a **** that's your business but the next time you dress my baby girl like she is grown you will regret it. I left with my daughter, went to walmart and got her decent 8 year old clothes and threw away the shoes and jeans. I feel for you man, but stand your ground you aren't wrong on this one.

Cool thanks. I don't think its as much she wants boys to see as it is she wants to be like her older sister but I told her until she's 18 it's my way. Sorry. She's got all she ever wanted but on things like this there isn't a discussion.

NO....i stopped natsha at gaugeing her cartlidge in her ear to a 12... otherwise...couple ear piercings..nothing else...not till she is 18

12 is an ok age for tasteful facial piercings... ears, lip, monroe, labret, nose, but anything below the neck should waqit till 16

Wifey read this one with me. I said it will be OK, she says not in a million years, way too young.

After debating with her she is a nurse, she says she just treated a 17 year old for sepsis, due to a belly ring. I won't go into what else she said.:laugh:

You have to make up your own mind. We are not your conscience. BUT since you asked.

Now, you must remember, I am 55yrs old. Have been told on more than one occasion that I am an *******.

Niece is 14yrs old. Built just like my sister, her mom. Niece comes to me and says Uncle Bo, I`m getting my belly button pierced! I asked her why? She says my mom says I can do it. I ask if she wanted others to look at her belly button? She said no, but my mom said I could do it.

I said baby, if you lived with me and came home with your belly button pierced, I would go to jail. She asked why? I said because I would go and kick the S%^# out of who pierced your belly button and I would go to jail.

I then said I would go to jail again. She asked why? I said because when I got out of jail, I go and kick his ass again, and I would go to jail again.

I said when I got out of jail, I would go to jail again. She asked why? I said because, when I got out of jail, I would come and kick your ass and go to jail again.

Two weeks later when I saw my niece, she ran up to me and said, "Uncle Bo" I am not getting my belly button pierced. I told her that was good.

Oh, HELLLL no. That is waaaayy too young to be sexualizing girls. She may want one because her sister got one, but the older sister got one in the hope that eventually a boy is gonna see it...way too much of this going on on TV. For goodness sake, have you seen some of the "halloween hussie" outfits they had out this year? Or watch some of those "Toddler's/Tiara's shows, where the parents put these kids in these beauty pagens? Might as well get a pole for them to dance on for the 'talent' portion. Not to mention all the heath issues. And I'd toss the 'fake' ones right now, too - or she'll have one when she's 14-16 WITHOUT your permission...

My daughter (10) doesn't even have peirced ears (my wife has always been nonchalant that they are not necessary; she's in NO Hurry for her to grow up, and neither am I). I'm not even a fan of her wearing lipstick, but as long as it's not garish we will allow it as a 'treat'. We are trying to teach her that she is beautiful as God created her and all that extra 'stuff' just gets in the way.

There's plenty of time down the road for all the trouble she is gonna cause. Remember Rico Suave, I'm watching you :watching:and I have guns, a shovel, and a large backyard....

Skydivr it's difficult here because south Florida and the Latin culture call for more skin to be exposed.
What some of you think is close to naked is every day on the beach and around town. Also I deal with again a Latin culture that is more open sexually and more comfortable with displays of it than most normally are. They dress sexier, act sexier and talk sexier. I am carefully trying to balance letting her grow into the beautiful woman she will be and keeping her under wraps.
It's really not a big deal thankfully because the wife and I are pretty much on the same page. Sons haircut seemed to be a bigger battle? This I said no not now and that was it. Just gauging popular org thought to make sure I'm not a killjoy old fart :)

18 years old, under my roof, you are correct 12, no way!!!! these kids wan't to grow up too fast, I have a 12 year old and I'm starting to freak out on how much these girls know already. it's all because we all have the ease to do what we are doing right now. All this technology has taken away their inossence. Payback is a bi#%& :rulez:

Back