My mongrel got bigger

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
Wow is she growing this little demon is putting away the chow.
And into trouble a lot she has now chewed 3 leashes in 1/2
My bad left it clipen on her in car she took care that prob in like 15 seconds.
I GOTTA BE MORE CAREFULL THATS $60 IN RETRACTABLE LEASHES SHE HAS DEMOD.She has teeth like a baricuda really got watch her on that she has house full of chew toys but likes tennis shoes +anything else she can get her teeth on.Gotta keep her penned in kitchen when im gone let her have run of house other day she trashed ther place.Drug my blanket off bed and had it on her dog bed.Ripped up bunch of paper and wrecked pair of wifes sandels.We asked her did she have a party?She knows we love her+she is spoiled rotten.SHE HAS GAINED WELL OVER 10LBS SINCE i POSTER HER month ago when I got her from humane society.We should have named her demon

she keeps taking all her toys outside thats poochy +old blue her favorites +she dont bring them back in!!

Last edited:
They can be trained you know, make the time or find someone who can cause if not the dog will destroy your home inside an out. My friend love to play with his Rotti never trained it when he got older an much bigger it wasn't cute anymore an they gave him to another friend to keep cause he didn't want to deal with him and the damage anymore. The guy he gave the Rottie too didn't want to train him an didn't want o deal with all the destruction he was doing told him to take the dog back, friend refused said he is your problem now an so he ended up in the pound up for adoption but they only get 3 days, an he got put down. Wasn't the dogs fault :down:

separation anxiety causes them to chew and destroy everything..you have to train, and then walk the girl 3 times a day...dont let her get the arm rest on your furniture..ask me how i know that one:poke:

sHE IS NOT ALLOWED ON FURNITURE BUT SHE DOES WANT SIT IN LAP.
Man you can walk her a mile+ she,s ready 4 more guess the husky in her.

The chewing has to get taken care of now or your feelings will change. Definitely get someone to help with training or train her on your own. She needs discipline (read: training - not punishment) and all will go well.

Yes, a tired puppy is a good puppy. Leave a radio or TV on when you leave the house too and that will help with the separation anxiety. Crate training is a great method to teach a dog also when you can't watch her. If the dog never learns the bad behavior you will never need to teach it the good behavior that you want. IE, if she can't get to your tennis shoes when you're not around she will never learn to chew on them. Really the first year with the puppy is the hardest then after that everything else should be a cake walk. I've rescued/adopted a few Great Danes in my day so I know how the destructive side can get if you don't control it now.

my baby girl dont go in no crate
she,s only a baby

1250631048046.jpg

They are just like kids... a little discipline goes a LONG WAY. But you have to start as soon as you get the animal home. Mine used to run away and make you chase him and eat leashes too. When he realized an instant AZZ-WHIP'N is the result he stopped. When they do good reward them, when they do bad corrct them.Dont abuse the dog, all it takes is a lil rolled up newspaper across the bridge of the nose. NOT HARD, the hollow sound of the paper ringing in a dogs ears is enough. Kids are the same, thats why you see kids screaming at parents, biting, kicking etc... If no discipline is what you want... go for it. Just be ready to suffer the consequences of it.

my baby girl dont go in no crate
she,s only a baby

1250631048046.jpg

Well good luck with that then. If you can't correct the dog when she is doing something bad she'll never learn. If you correct her after you find the problem you're just teaching her to watch out for you and not to stop the behavior that you don't approve of.

I'm not talking about leaving the puppy in the crate for 2 days straight either. The rule is 1 hour for ever month the dog is old when using the crate training method. So a 3 month old dog will only stay in a crate for 3 hours at most.

sHE IS NOT ALLOWED ON FURNITURE BUT SHE DOES WANT SIT IN LAP.
Man you can walk her a mile+ she,s ready 4 more guess the husky in her.
our malamute did all of the same things...we had a real hard time training her not to chew stuff up...every time i let her outside she brought home something she had chased down and caught and killed like squirrels, cats, rabbits..ect
she was a real cutey though look at this...she had one blue and one brown eye...if it wasnt for the 2 rottwielers I would never have worn her out ...you may wanna tie your up to a tread mill and let her walk for an hour...lol

btw mine is 8 mo old and 125 #s now

100_0454.jpg

100_0473.jpg

100_0480.jpg

Last edited:
THATS A COOL DOG.Can I ask a question with all due respect how old you guys?
I been takin care of dogs since i was 18 never did have 1 when i was a kid
im 49 now so been training and takin care dogs 31 years

+ my little baby is not freight she isnt going in a crate:rant:

Beautiful dogs!!!

When I crate trained my dog Wallace, it was never for punishment. It was always meant as a safe place for him to go when we were not at home or asleep. He loved it. Of course he was no puppy when we rescued him from a shelter (5 yrs old). He seemed to be a dog who was use to having the run of the place. One time he had the run and that was that. He was so stressed without us around he chewed up alot of stuff. The crate helped him relax. He was a great dog for the 10 years we had him.

Have you tried "clicker training" her? Puppy Training and Management | Karen Pryor Clickertraining That was also a great tool and lots of fun for Wallace and me.

Crate or pin train when you are not home. Plenty of plastic bones and someone with the dog for about 2 weeks. Like a dog sitter or family etc.

I'm 39...had dogs my whole life, Labradors, Shetland sheep dog, rottweilers, malamute/wolf Spitz, shelty... all where great dogs because they where trained to be that way...have 2 show dogs (my rotts)that are level 3 certified companion dogs and actually have more training then a police dog has (one passed away last sept)
best dogs ever and they love to work...my rotts dont bark or grawl at anyone ever for any reason....your puppy will make you smile, break your heart, make you laugh,cry and be your best friend for 10 or more years to come...enjoy it, reward her with some good training

My little demon took out a baby bird yesterday (blue bird)
She is fast as a lightning bolt no birds stand a chance in my yard.
I hid the dead bird so wife dont see it.Man she can dig 2 give her a bone or chew toy she burys it.

Well each to their own. I hae had a life time of 56 years with 46 with my loved dogs. I would match any of them including my love of a rescue Pit Bull to any dog that came out of OB class. No matter what you do good luck and enjoy your pet.

THATS A COOL DOG.Can I ask a question with all due respect how old you guys?
I been takin care of dogs since i was 18 never did have 1 when i was a kid
im 49 now so been training and takin care dogs 31 years

+ my little baby is not freight she isnt going in a crate:rant:

Back