Question for those of you with daughters

I'ts 2011 it doesn't matter what culture, it is the sign of the times, it has become one gigantic girls gone wild episode. old school guys like us are the resistance. they get mad now, but will thank us in a few years. and more when they become mommies.

NO !!! Final Answer......Parents set your FOOT Down. Kids...........and Yes at 12 years old she is still a Child. Just wants Attention. The Attention she gets will be from Other BOYS that are up to only one thing !!!!

You want to be a Grand-Father ?

Robert

I agree Blanca, 12 years OH NO. 17? yes I would let her, I dont mind the belly rings but I dont care alot for the lip, eye and nose rings but theres alot of other stuff I dont like either so. same for tattos, I want em in a place that they can easily be covered up if the need arises.

i wont let my daughter have one either,, Becca is 13. this battle she will not win. But you have to lighten up,,, nothing wrong with a fake one if it makes her happy. I suggested a fake one and mine pouted and said no, its real or nothing. Now if i could just get her to stop wearing those leggings.....

blanca there is more to it then just sexy dressing etc. It is dangerous at that age as well. She is a child. She has a lot of growing to do and bad thing do happen when skin gets stretched torn etc. Not to mention kids at that age have no clue on cleanlyness etc. You are begging for trouble. You need to get control of your household before it all comes tumbling down around your head.

Blanca, we are in the same boat. My step daughter turned 13 a few months ago and that is what she wanted for her birthday. Her grandmother was pushing for her mother and I to let her have it. I said h3ll no and was lucky that the wife agreed. The problem is the wife is pushing me to let her get her nose and lip done. NO FRICKEN WAY will I let her do that either until her 16th B-day; and below the neck will have to wait until she is 18.

I have a daughter who's 17. I also have mentor many children being a martial arts instructor. I agree.. 12 is WAY to young. 17 maybe. 18 for sure if they aren't under my roof any more. lol.. It promote them showing off their bodies. So when she comes home prego at 15 and the mom or step mom, whomever, is wonder what it was that went wrong. Remember, you're a parent, not a best friend. To be honest, I may even concider at 16, but never at 12. This is the age to teach them that they can be beautiful w/o showing all their skin. They are little princesses. At this time nail polish is cool. I can even agree with ear rings and rings. Not tongue rings, lip rings, nose rings, etc.

I'm old school to and I would say NO to all of it. My daughter is two and I'd flip the lid if she even thought about doing that crap. Kids think that stuff is cool when they are young but when they get older they will appreciate you telling them NO and the WHY behind it... :beerchug:

I'm more tired of these kids doing crazy crap to there bodies and then getting pissed when no one will hire them. HELLO!!!....McFly, of course you won't get hired in x career with even half the stuff people do these days. There excuse/reason is to be different or get notice....really.... :banghead:

navel piercings are sexy as hell. which is why they don't belong anywhere near a 13 year old. or a 17 year old for that matter. leads the viewer to believe she's old enough to get a piercing, ie 18. gonna get some poor bastard locked up. say no blanca. we're with you on this, all the way.

My daughter will be able to make those decisions for herself when she's providing her own food, clothing, transporation, and housing. Until she's managing that, her maturity level and decision making capacity is suspect.

She's 8, so I have a few brief moments left before I have to deal with these issues.

If she is wearing it, she is going to want to show it. Who do you think will be looking at it? That would make my mind up instantly.

12 does seem a bit young, but kinda gotta go off of how she is. Meaning does her general attitude worry you each time she walks out that door? IMO 16ish would be the youngest and a good head on her shoulders.

Mold the mind and all other things become less important.

Back