DDM Tuning ---- HID's

Pecan Pouch

P-squared, Poochie or US Marine
Registered
Here is my experience with DDM Tuning. I had read threads about this company and people have seem to have had good luck with them, they have a lifetime warranty and the prices and for the most part pretty good. So I purchased two complete sets including ballasts, wiring harness's and bulb's. A set for the bike (already had hid's in it just wanted to change the color, but went ahead and purchased new ballasts, wiring harness and bulbs) and a set for one of my other vehicles (which also included ballasts, bulbs and wiring harness). Only took 16 days to receive my shipment....oops they forgot to send the mounting brackets (only $2.99 a set and I purchased two sets). Notified the company, they wanted pictures of everything that I had received, so I did as they had requested and sent them pictures. Only took another 14 days to get them. Within the first 2 weeks of installation one ballasts had quit working. Since I had not installed the other set of ballasts yet I used one of them to keep me going. Then I notified the company, they had me send the ballasts back to them so they could test it (of course I had to pay shipping back). They received the ballast in 3 days shipped via normal ground shipment. On the day that they received it they had tested it and emailed me back saying it was faulty and are sending me out another one. Which I still have not received. Now the my lights have quit working again. So I took the entire system out and will be purchasing a different brand.

In my opinion this company sells junk and I will not be purchasing anything else from them and would advise others to be very leery of them.

It does seem that their kits are hit and miss really. I have read countless threads to say the same, and the opposite saying they work fine. I have had DDM hi/low HIDs for over 2 years now and they are still going strong (knock on wood). Post up your experience with the different brand you end up going with.

Maybe in getting famous they are acquiring more from a lessor capable supplier?
When I got mine in 09 they came quick and speedy. The same bulbs and ballasts were working perfectly a couple months ago when I sold the bike. Ran both on all the time. Never missed a beat.

The bulbs control the color of the light, so you could run your new bulbs with your old but still functioning ballast.

The bulbs control the color of the light, so you could run your new bulbs with your old but still functioning ballast.

That is what I am doing on the bike right now. But I am going to buy another complete setup for the vehicle that I took the junk DDM system out of. It will cost about double of the ddm set up was. I should believe the adage... You get what you pay for.

The nice thing about the Phillips is they make a 48" wiring harness to move the ballasts away from the bulbs...so I wont have any interference with my gauges.

Now a stupid question here, what year is your bike.
If it is one of the older busa's some of them need a delay or interrupt during starting.
I have sold many different brands on this site, and many times it is not the suppliers product, but
many times a bike problem!
By no means am i sticking up for DDM in any way, just trying to help.
My gen1 has the same kit i installed back in 04!

HIDs are ok, but not that great in the stock headlight housing.
The headlight lense scatters the beam.
A complete HID projector assembly is the way to go.:beerchug:

Not sure where you guys live but in Canada it's illegal to put an HID bulb kit in a vehicle that was HID from factory. the scattered and in focused light blinds other drivers.

I installed DDM HID in both low and high beams on my bike in 2011. They are both still functional.

I've had a pair of them on a car running just fine for years now, however the new stuff I bought from them for my bike? Complete junk. I was in contact with them about the ballast being bad, wasn't offered a refund, or replacement, or anything. Figure I just threw away that money.

Back