Another Dang HID Problem...

I ordered a kit from a less than reputable dealer and found one ballast in the kit was bad. I returned it, got another which was bad....then I returned the whole freakin kit and bought it from Retrosolutions. Zero problems 2 years later.

Take the ballast/bult and try hooking it up to your car/truck battery...see if it fires there. Could just be a weak battery on the Busa.

Take the ballast/bult and try hooking it up to your car/truck battery...see if it fires there. Could just be a weak battery on the Busa.

Yeah.. I'll try that. Thanks Omslaw... I will report back later. But if the battery was on the tender and green.. wouldn't it be at full charge?

+1 to what omslaw is saying, those guys draw a lot of current...

What brand HID's do you have? I had a similar issue on mine, turned out that they worked in reverse polarity and I had to hook up the ground of the ballast to the power of the bike and vice versa, worked like a dream after that. Have no clue why...

Back