Day of hazardz

MeltDownZ

Registered
Crazy day on the road today!!! FOUR incidents:

1 - Driving 55mph approaching a car waiting to make a left across my lane... the guy looks me in the eye but I do the usual slow down anyway... a second later the guy goes just as I'm approaching. I clamp down and avoid him with a straight on power stop. Luckily, my early slowdown had the guy behind me slow up too. Got out of that one no problem.

2 - On my favorite twistie road, there is a spot that is always shaded pretty heavy. I know to slow down because you can't see that patch of road as you approach. This evening as my eyes are adjusting to the shaded area, there is a freakin' tree that has fallen across the road. Holy sh*t! Now that's a damn road hazard. Power stop again. No problem.

3 - Going 70 mph on a 4-laner, some guy waiting to pull onto the road looks me right in the eye and slowly pulls out right into my lane. This power stop was tricky... I had to keep it from skidding but man I was approaching the car fast. I bled off so much speed that even if I hit him it wasn't going to be that bad. Just missed him.

4 - Sun going down, shady spots all over. Approach a shady spot at about 55 mph. A freakin' trash can has rolled into the road. Had time to look around and did a swerve around.

Some days you've just really got to be on your game.

Didn't want to read this post for fear of seeing another crash story (after Ice's post the other day:-(

Glad to see you were on your toes and avoided the mishaps. Great job, and a good reminder to everyone that we need to stay alert at all times every ride. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Peace

Glad yer "cat like reflexes" ar in working order!
wink.gif
cool.gif

You did good dealing with these issues...Being alert save you alot of drama...
evil.gif

meltdownZ you gotta watch out ive noticed that jacksonville drivers dont care for bikes my friend was involved in a hit and run last sat out by golfair blvd. hes ok but the bike isnt
mad.gif

Back