2 near misses in one day

Tdog

Registered
The wife and I went on a ride today with Busabret and his wife and had 2 near misses in a matter of 30 minutes. Back roads riding on a 2 lane road and some guy tries to do a rolling stop through a stop sign. Luckily he see's us and stops. Must have been distracted by that cell phone he was talking on. After a short stop for Bret to regroup (he was in the front) we head out again. Not 10 miles down the road some clown comes over in our lane playing chicken with us and then swerves back in his lane. After another stop (to regroup) we head out again. It was a great day of riding other than that. After how many near misses do you just turn around and go home?

I know the feeling. Heading home from work one morning some bozo came into the lane I was in and stayed there until he was about 50ft from me and got into his lane laughing all the time. I just went on home. If he would have stopped it would not have been a laughing matter. ???

I know the feeling. Heading home from work one morning some bozo came into the lane I was in and stayed there until he was about 50ft from me and got into his lane laughing all the time. I just went on home. If he would have stopped it would not have been a laughing matter. ???
If I saw that, I don't think I could shrug it off.

That sux you had to deal with the likes of those 2 people on your ride. I think after the second near miss we would have just said screw it and came home.

So did ya feel like you were driving in a video game?

That sux you had to deal with the likes of those 2 people on your ride. I think after the second near miss we would have just said screw it and came home.

What he didn't mention is that it was his wife's first real ride on his Busa. What an introduction.

Had a great time Tony. Until next time!:beerchug:

:lol: something like that. Told the guy playing chicken with us he was number 1, if you know what I mean.

What he didn't mention is that it was his wife's first real ride on his Busa. What an introduction.

Had a great time Tony. Until next time!:beerchug:

She was a real trooper though don't you think? :laugh: We had a great time too Brett. Look forward to many more rides together. :beerchug:

She was a real trooper though don't you think? :laugh: We had a great time too Brett. Look forward to many more rides together. :beerchug:

Yes she was! I think she enjoyed it more than she let on. Gotta get her used to leaning in the curves. Wait we gotta get you used to leaning in the curves!!:poke:
:laugh:

Next time just no flies in the beans . Ok? :whistle:

That could fall under the heading of vehicular assault. I might be tempted to turn around and get a license plate number. Yeah I have those days, too.

A guy I rode with years ago, kept a 357 in his jacket and even used it one night on a tailgater that was trying to ram him. It cost the tailgater a new windshield and some undies i am sure. We saw a few idiots on the road today too.

A few weeks ago, we rode and this idiot kept bowing up in front of me with no signals. I was ready to break his neck, but I have a knee injury right now and I told my wife if he kicked my knee the fight would be over...lol

It's hard to ignore blatant crap from idiots sometimes. Glad you guys made it home safely.

I've had so many near misses through the years, I don't even notice them anymore. Just dodge 'em and go on.
It's the near hits that I remember. The day I popped over a hill on a narrow back country 2 lane (one of my video roads) at around 75mph, to find a Volkswagon Rabbit backing up in my lane to get back to the turn off he missed. Or the time I came around the corner at 70+ to find 2 "good 'ol boys" setting side by side in the road (2 lane once again), in their pickups, talking. Bale spikes, log skidders, Swans trucks, deer, dogs, etc.. I've had my life pass before me so many times it's like a "Pimp My Ride" rerun.
Close calls are part of riding a motorcycle. Dodge the obstacles, learn from it, and go on, ain't worth your time to dwell on it.

We didn't eat the beans! You and Shannon did!:poke: And I like my chicken strips deep fried. :rofl:
Holy cow tdog (and Hillbillytom)! First off, very sorry for your troubled ride! Glad it all came out OK Tdog.
But now, as I try to type, I am laughing so hard tears are rolling down me cheeks! I have heard stories about the south, but, but flies in the beans and deep fried chicken stripes and Bale spikes, log skidders, Swans trucks etc, etc.. My gawd guys, you two have gotta move out west before it's too late! :laugh::laugh:
Just funnin' with ya bros! We're all brothers here, right? You bet!! :beerchug:

Last edited:
no matter how many jerks on the road, i can't stop. i've still got over 1500mi to get home.:whistle:
im thankful they were not 2 accidents!
may the angels ride with us as we travel.

Back