DAMN!!!

Did I read that you did 2ND GEAR clutch wheelies on a Valk??? I would have to see that to believe it. Ive rode a valk on several occasions and I have NEVER even come close to getting the front wheel up.
Anyway congrats on the bike, till ya understand the limits and personality of the Busa, I wouldnt push my limits too far.

I tried stoppies after I got mine in '02, the front tried to wash out too much so I stopped trying.

back to topic here, were all glad you love your busa, and that you are impressed with it.

nobody is hatin on you, but there is going to be alot of doubt when you say you are new to sportbikes and can wheelie and stoppie right out of the box. on a busa. so just step back, try to understand what these members are seeing you 'say', and most important - be safe.

this board is a wealth of knowlege for the hayabusa. take your time here and stick around.

c.

oh, and after you start your mods and need to change your screen name, let me know.
smile.gif

http://www.sportbikerider.us/index.cfm?fuseaction=displayit&Picture_ID=11964

what's that bike in the pic? and what is that guy doing?

hayabusa. Stoppie.

what is so hard about grasping that concept.
That guy is probably in the next world with his gloves
tounge.gif
LOL Remind me to wear nothing but a crotch protector the next time I go for a ride.

If you are learning from people like the one in picture then you are on the fast-track to featuring in the "statistics" for bike related deaths.

Stoppies are not hard...but not doable at 10-15mph...I would like to see a "video" of you...pics dont cut it...sorry

I hate to rain on your parade but if this is how you want to gain "respect" then your credibility just took a hard beating.

Then again...prove me wrong and support your claims with videos. I would love to see stoppies at 10-15 mph ;) on the Busa.

Did I read that you did 2ND GEAR clutch wheelies on a Valk???  I would have to see that to believe it.  Ive rode a valk on several occasions and I have NEVER even come close to getting the front wheel up.  
Anyway congrats on the bike, till ya understand the limits and personality of the Busa, I wouldnt push my limits too far.
1st gear wheelies are a breeze 4k rpm just snap the throttle and pull back. 2nd gear requires some cluthing and standing on the pass pegs. also a nice steep hill works well for high rpm 2d gear wheelies.

No one could believe that an 1100lbs or bike/rider would go up until i did it then it was just smiles and holy shits.

That stoppie looks real to me. As for the wheel leaning, it all depends on the direction the bike is travelling and could be turned for balance. Ever do a wheelie and shift your weight from left to right slightly just to keep it going straight? That would go for doing a stoppie but instead of you leaning, the bike is moved left to right with the front wheel. Also, since this guy looks to be under 200lbs, he might not want to lean forward. If he did, it would offset the balance and since he has on nothing but shorts, I think it would hurt a little if he fell.

I think alot of people only started freaking out when they saw your age man...

But still, I think it's safer for someone who's ridden for 6 years and is confident, to have a Hayabusa, then to give one to someone who's older and has just started riding. (as a first bike)

Don't sweat it man. I am fairly new to the site too, but I have learned this: if you claim it, you must prove it, and sometimes some of the guys may seem like they are on your case about riding too aggressively, but they only do because they don't want to see anyone get hurt. Good luck and congrats.

I'm also 300 lbs. and I can't even pull a stoppie on this thing without the front sliding. I use to do stoppies at almost every stop sign or stop light on my SV. It can be done on a Busa just not at no 10-15 mph. You definitely can't roll it. I've done too many to know that. Even starting at 30 mph the stoppie ends up in just lifting the rear up and no rolling. That is why I call BS or maybe you have no idea what mph you were going when you started the stoppie.

Man forget all of these safer than sorry old bastids!  Ride the 'Busa the way you want to ride it, you did pay for the bike, not these a$$clowns.  Congratulations on the bike, however the stoppie story is hard to believe a bit.  

I mean I actually did tons of stoppies on my SV, however I haven't been able to do them on the Busa do to weight.  I even have SS brake lines with Galfer DOT4 fluid.  Every time I try to get that rear tire up, it seems to buckle.  

Power wheelies are easy on this bike, however you have to watch it when bringing it back down.  Besides that, enjoy the bike the way you want it, these guys on here aren't your "Pops."
now THATS gonna make you some friends dude!

Hope RSD doesn't see this one!

Man forget all of these safer than sorry old bastids!  Ride the 'Busa the way you want to ride it, you did pay for the bike, not these a$$clowns.  Congratulations on the bike, however the stoppie story is hard to believe a bit.  

I mean I actually did tons of stoppies on my SV, however I haven't been able to do them on the Busa do to weight.  I even have SS brake lines with Galfer DOT4 fluid.  Every time I try to get that rear tire up, it seems to buckle.  

Power wheelies are easy on this bike, however you have to watch it when bringing it back down.  Besides that, enjoy the bike the way you want it, these guys on here aren't your "Pops."

Me and rubber actually have butted heads already quite a few times. I respect his opinion but I don't agree with it. I also have made some friends on this board, if you don't like what I say, then you don't have to be my friend. DUH!

Me and rubber actually have butted heads already quite a few times.  I respect his opinion but I don't agree with it.  I also have made some friends on this board, if you don't like what I say, then you don't have to be my friend.  DUH!
well the thing is most are here for a good time learn share and help i guess if that puts ya in the a$$ clown class im right were i want to be.
rock.gif

I'm not sure why everybody doubts that a Busa can stoppie. Just find some good sticky pavement, start with the brake at about 20 or 30 MPH to compress the front suspension, then grab ya a big handfull. I've popped mine up a few inches playing around without trying very hard at all. I have no doubt someone could roll with one after just a little practice. Hell, with the way my rear wheel dances around when I'm hard on the brake I'm pretty sure I could lift it by squeezing just a bit more.

Me and rubber actually have butted heads already quite a few times.  I respect his opinion but I don't agree with it.  I also have made some friends on this board, if you don't like what I say, then you don't have to be my friend.  DUH!
dont have to and dont want to either squid

Back