DAMN!!!

I'm 22 and ive been riding street since i was able too at 16. This is my first time on a "crotch rocket" for more than a 2 min ride around the block. my last bike was a honda valkyrie.

Not to sound condescending but.......
That's all I needed to read to just let you know you might want to chill with the wheelies and such before you become an organ donor. I agree with qarnag, take it easy for a bit unless you really want to visit the ER. Riding a bike like the Valkrie and jumpin to this and just poppin wheelies and stoppies as quickly as you are tells me you're leaving alot of chance for injury + destroying your bike. Especially when you're not used to a crotch rocket.

No offense, I see tons of guys like you as young as you dying on these bikes because they THINK they got it under control with no experience. (on rockets) Most don't listen til they eat asphalt once or twice. All balls and no brains comes to mind.

Just my .02 - Congrats on the bike and good luck

<!--EDIT|Aceshigh
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120880134 -->

thanks for the advice
rock.gif
my terms of ripping 2nd gear wheelies is not balancing on the 12 o'clock position it's more of the tire hanging 2feet of the ground for a couple hundred feet. As far is the break in goes i break everything i own in hard my 5.7 hemi ram and the 440 i just built for my 73 challenger. they both run great and i'm a firm believer in the break it in how your ride it method. I do appreciate your concern but i do know when i'm pushing my limits and i am not at that point. This busa is like a feather compared to my 800lb valkyrie which i used to rip up on 2nd gear clutch wheelies on the pass. pegs.

I picked up my 05LE busa today and the only word i can say is damn. I was sad to see my old bike go but after riding this bike around for a day the sadness is no more. Bike has more power than i know what to do with, 2nd gear wheelies from 80-90mph are a blast. pulled a couple of minor stoppies just to impress my buddies. My friend on his 01 R1 tried hanging with me but i left him like he was on a moped.
I have the 05 LE also and I did the break it in fast and hard 20 mile method and it purrrs and I can't believe it but after a month it is still stock ...
wow.gif

I have been called NUTZ, CRAZY, INSANE ... ect.

But i have to say I won't even try stoppies with the stock tire ... lol

Like all "Hard Riders" know.... you know you limits or you soon will be told them ...

Congrats on the Beauty & The Beast ...
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|Magikman
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120885245 -->

bonestock:

Good choice in 05LE. I hope you'll have many years of enjoyment. So you're doing the Motoman method? Anyways, we need pics. This site is all about pics!!!!
biggrin.gif

Very cool ride.
Was that something your father gave to you?? Seems to be in pristine condition that's why I'm asking. At 22 and having all these toys, what the hell are you doin on the side ??
bowdown.gif
I'm a big fan of muscle cars.

I have a '78 Camaro I'm putting an LS6 from a Z06 vette into it.
Here's my other toy.
http://image07.webshots.com/7/7/69/87/89676987DpGLlS_fs.jpg

<!--EDIT|Aceshigh
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120887033 -->

no i built that car, and i don't do anything on the side. I'm a union laborer for a blasting company and i make decent money. I've been into car and bikes longer than i can remember and i always make it a point to have a nice on of each in my life at all times.
smile.gif

I introduce myself but seeing as you wont be around long I shant bother.

LOL @ stoppies

moX
What's that word i'm looking for.... oh yeah @$$hole.

they way i see it is a person rides how they want to ride. i'll do stoppies all day long but i'd NEVER weave through traffic. I know my limitations and may fall and hurt my pride/bike at some point. This isn't the first time i've done a stoppie and i havn't dumped a bike in the 7 years i've been on the street (knock on wood) You can't not become good at something if you do not practice it, i happen to like doing tricks on bikes and when i finally do fall i'm gonna get right back on and keep going.

why not just wish me death in your next post?!

Man forget all of these safer than sorry old bastids! Ride the 'Busa the way you want to ride it, you did pay for the bike, not these a$$clowns. Congratulations on the bike, however the stoppie story is hard to believe a bit.

I mean I actually did tons of stoppies on my SV, however I haven't been able to do them on the Busa do to weight. I even have SS brake lines with Galfer DOT4 fluid. Every time I try to get that rear tire up, it seems to buckle.

Power wheelies are easy on this bike, however you have to watch it when bringing it back down. Besides that, enjoy the bike the way you want it, these guys on here aren't your "Pops."

the reason i even tried a stoppie is because i was reading through this board and people said it can't be done. I like to try the impossible and i made it possible. this wasn't a 50mph stoppie i was doing about 10-15mph and just jabbed the front brake and got it in the air rode it back down for about 6feet. Far from amazing but slightly impressive.

You like to try the impossible and make it possible?

On your brand new Busa?

First time on a superbike?

At 10-15 mph?

I believe you
rock.gif

Yeah, I can't even roll a stoppie when I start braking at 30 mph let alone 15. Even when I start a 30 it just ends up being a stop where the rear end kicks up and no rolling action happens.

A rolling endo should start at least around 50-60 mph. Hey like I said, ride it the way you want it, but you don't have to lie to kick it.

you guys reallly think i'm lying??? If i had a vid camera i'd prove it but i don't. What's so hard to believe about it maybe it because i'm almost 300lbs? my weight helps me bring it forward? If you think i'm lying that's fine i guess i don't have to prove anything.

Back