DAMN!!!

bonestockbusa

Registered
I picked up my 05LE busa today and the only word i can say is damn. I was sad to see my old bike go but after riding this bike around for a day the sadness is no more. Bike has more power than i know what to do with, 2nd gear wheelies from 80-90mph are a blast. pulled a couple of minor stoppies just to impress my buddies. My friend on his 01 R1 tried hanging with me but i left him like he was on a moped.

DAMN, you are doing 2nd gear wheelies in your first day!
smile.gif
Congrats on the bike, have fun!!

Pics???!!??

i'm 6'5 290lbs and i feel very comfortable on the busa. I'm 22 and ive been riding street since i was able too at 16. This is my first time on a "crotch rocket" for more than a 2 min ride around the block. my last bike was a honda valkyrie. It went good for a big bike but the busa is insanity. I"m sure i'll be used to the power shortly and will want to start some mods.

sorry no pics...just like the name states, bonestockbusa. It has the LE Dark gray metallic paint, I did pull off the reflectors the second i pulled in the driveway.

well i know ya been on bikes for quite some time just get to know her a little better before ya push her and she shows ya who is boss. just some friendly advise
biggrin.gif

I picked up my 05LE busa today and the only word i can say is damn. I was sad to see my old bike go but after riding this bike around for a day the sadness is no more. Bike has more power than i know what to do with, 2nd gear wheelies from 80-90mph are a blast. pulled a couple of minor stoppies just to impress my buddies. My friend on his 01 R1 tried hanging with me but i left him like he was on a moped.
reminder to self....do not buy this bike when forsale thread is posted....290lb rider hammering it for 2nd gear wheelies on first afternoon of ownership.

oh...stem bearings are shot too!

rock.gif

welcome to the board...
wink.gif

Welcome to the board. Good luck and watch for the cages in Ma you are invisible not invincible.

Respect the machine dude

Congrats to you on your new purchase young blood.Wheelies and stoppies already (you go boy).I know you've been riding for like a **hot minute** but please keep in mind the BUSA is a beast w/ it's own attitude.Respect her and she'll respect you.I'd hate to read about you or your bike being peeled off the roadway???

Is that the unmistakable odor of a statistic waiting to happen that I smell?

Seriously, man, take it easy on the bike for a while. I know you've been riding for a while, but the busa handles completely differently from a valkyrie, not to mention tons more power. Better to spend the time getting to know the bike than getting to know the ER doctor if it does something unexpected on you.

Welcome to the land of the insane. But just an observation and a quick question. So this is your first ride on a "crotch rocket" and you are doing wheelies and stoppies on the first day? I may be completely off base so be prepared to disregard this next statement, but sounds kinda bogus to me. I have heard from stunters that are used to doing them all the time that say doing these on a Busa is quite a bit different. So the first time on a "Crotch Rocket" let alone the Busa and you are nailing them? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM
cool.gif

So what was your breakin period for the bike and i wonder how long until your posting questions under the Problems section.

Good luck and be safe----er.

Congrats and welcome and all of that, but ohhhh man oh live........banging on a brand new bike that has not been broken in properly indicates to me that you're on a one way street to disaster, makes me cringe at the very thought!! To each his own though.....I guess!?

As everyone else has said congrats, and you may want to break the dayum thing in before you start pushing it like that. There is something that Suzuki will not pay for ............ I think it is called ABUSE.

Hitting wheelies before you change the gas, let alone the oil, is not adviseable. I learn from my previous bike that if you break it in properly it will run great and only get better over time. You keep it up and your Busa will be a P.O.S. shortly !!

POS = Piece of Shid, for those who failed the second grade !!

I'm on my fifth busa. Bought them all new and rode each and every one with the front wheel in the air on the first day. Never had a hecup in any of them.

IMO the hard break in is the way to go. If there is a problem to be found, I want to find it early on when the warranty will cover it.

Doing wheelies right off the bat on your first sport bike may be a little aggressive but if you feel comfy doing them, what the heck. If you skin the paint, you'll know you were a little too agressive. I have a feeling your version of a wheelie is with the tire a foot off the ground? I doubt seriously if you are bringing her up to the point you have to look around the tank to see where you are going? Could be wrong though?

Have fun and keep us posted!

Back