DAMN!!!

FYI I think I saw in another post that the Bonestock Busa is now the Bonecrushed Busa. You think stunting around and ridin like a fool (nobody else will say but I know they want to) is OK as long as you can play the "it's my bike and I'll do what I want". These guys wouldn't say a word if they wern't concerned about your welfare. Hey if you want on top of the Darwin list thats cool but we hate to see such a beautifully crafted machine fall prey to reckless abandon. YOu may control your bike but that is one small piece of the equation. I guess I'm a day late on requesting you share my screenname with next of kin so I can snag some of the salvageable parts when you DO (did)crash. Dude you should have knew that you'd have some dues to pay unfortunately you paid on the street.

Yep, this guy crashed into some cager 6 days after he bought the bike. Now it appeared to be the cager's fault but with an attitude like what's demonstrated you get to wondering whether he was paying more attention to looking cool rather than being safe.

Yep, this guy crashed into some cager 6 days after he bought the bike. Now it appeared to be the cager's fault but with an attitude like what's demonstrated you get to wondering whether he was paying more attention to looking cool rather than being safe.
well, at least he spoke up quick off the bat and told us how he rides...

what about you?

I tried stoppies after I got mine in '02, the front tried to wash out too much so I stopped trying.
Pun intended ?
smile.gif

If this guy weighs 300 pounds, might be possible, I know I weigh 155 ish and most bikes don't wheelie with me on the street (my street legalized KX500 excluded), but when I put heavy passengers on the back, even slow streetbikes try to wheelie.

( Bike has more power than i know what to do with ) <--- that line alone..says everything .. respect the machine .. n you will enjoy the Hell out of it..
wink.gif

Congrats and I hope you were wearing gear! Nothing against your riding style, but make sure you are dressed appropriately! We do love pics, so post some up!

i'm 6'5 290lbs and i feel very comfortable on the busa. I'm 22 and ive been riding street since i was able too at 16. This is my first time on a "crotch rocket" for more than a 2 min ride around the block. my last bike was a honda valkyrie. It went good for a big bike but the busa is insanity. I"m sure i'll be used to the power shortly and will want to start some mods.

sorry no pics...just like the name states, bonestockbusa. It has the LE Dark gray metallic paint, I did pull off the reflectors the second i pulled in the driveway.
Dude I wish I had half of your riding skill. This is your first time on a "crotch rocket" for more than two minutes and you are already pulling stoppies on a HAYABUSA which is known for being a challenge for a skilled rider to stoppie? Where did you get all this talent?
rock.gif
??

bonestockbusa - Congrats on your new machine. I just bought an '05 myself. Not trying to stunt mine, "not that there's anything wrong with it" [Seinfield]; the risk vs thrill factor isn't worth it to me (but each to their own). Although I do push my bike a bit now-and-then to slowly increase my skill level. In any case, I believe the key to Busa happiness is to just enjoy your bike, in any fashion you wish, and take measures not to hurt anyone in the process (including yourself). All bike accidents end up screwing over everyone sooner or later (insurance rates, unfavorable PR toward 2-wheelers, etc).

And don't let some of these posters get-to-ya! The only issue here is (besides perhaps a pinch of jealously here & there), is that some people get their thrills at a lower level than others do. Enjoy being 22 (it doesn't last long) & take care!
cool.gif

And don't let some of these posters get-to-ya!  The only issue here is (besides perhaps a pinch of jealously here & there), is that some people get their thrills at a lower level than others do.  Enjoy being 22 (it doesn't last long) & take care!  
cool.gif
Yep, I feel REAL guilty for being older and wiser...
smile.gif

Welcome, you say you like taking the impossible and making it possible?.. well... if you keep it "bone stock" for long I might just believe you
smile.gif
Congrats on the bike

Don't matter what you do with it!

Ride within your limits when around others.....Wear gear.......Hell, have fun!!!!

Welcome to the board!

I picked up my 05LE busa today and the only word i can say is damn. I was sad to see my old bike go but after riding this bike around for a day the sadness is no more. Bike has more power than i know what to do with, 2nd gear wheelies from 80-90mph are a blast. pulled a couple of minor stoppies just to impress my buddies. My friend on his 01 R1 tried hanging with me but i left him like he was on a moped.
reminder to self....do not buy this bike when forsale thread is posted....290lb rider hammering it for 2nd gear wheelies on first afternoon of ownership.

oh...stem bearings are shot too!

rock.gif

welcome to the board...
wink.gif
lol and thanks because I'm in the market for one!

Back