Dad thinks I shouldn't get another bike...

(BlondeOnaBusa @ May 03 2007,09:55) Ben, your Dad is just worried about ...

It's tough being a parent sometimes.

This is my memory......
I now understand the parental worry factor...
crazy.gif
Glad your son made it out okay and is okay today.

Everyone, thank you for your responses.
beerchug.gif

Bad thing about parents is they say these thinks in a mean and hateful way,it does NOT make it right!!! Mine wouldn't say anything alone to my face,he'd wait til there was alot of people around trying to make me look like a idiot for owning a bike.That's nothing but a back stabbing coward!!!And slander too boot!!! Told him to shut up the busa stays!!!!Sounds mean?But then again ya'll don't how hateful my father is.
You DO NOT degrade your kids no matter what age!!!AND BOY DO I DISAGREE WITH HE'S JUST LOOKING OUT FOR YOU!!!!!This is not the proper way to treat people ESPECIALY YOUR KIDS!!! I do NOT treat my kids in a degrading manor!!!Its wrong and it hurts!!
So I have learned something from my father,how NOT to treat people and especialy my kids.My kids are 25,21 & 19.And they are great!!!
Tough love does not mean to degrade someone.
rant.gif

Goodluck on your next bike.Buy what make's you happy.

(proud dad @ May 03 2007,07:37) Bad thing about parents is they say these thinks in a mean and hateful way,it does NOT make it right!!! Mine wouldn't say anything alone to my face,he'd wait til there was alot of people around trying to make me look like a idiot for owning a bike.That's nothing but a back stabbing coward!!!And slander too boot!!!  Told him  to shut up the busa stays!!!!Sounds mean?But then again ya'll don't how hateful my father is.
 You DO NOT degrade your kids no matter what age!!!AND BOY DO I DISAGREE WITH HE'S JUST LOOKING OUT FOR YOU!!!!!This is not the proper way to treat people ESPECIALY YOUR KIDS!!! I do NOT treat my kids in a degrading manor!!!Its wrong and it hurts!!
  So I have learned something from my father,how NOT to treat people and especialy my kids.My kids are 25,21 & 19.And they are great!!!
rant.gif

PD!! you need a hug!! dayum.

Sorry about your dad.

But remember, just because your dad might suck to you, doesnt mean that Ben's dad is evil and isnt just worried about him.

Again sorry about your dad. I have a mom I think is like your dad. Its tough sometimes..

(thrasherfox @ May 03 2007,10:43)
(proud dad @ May 03 2007,07:37) Bad thing about parents is they say these thinks in a mean and hateful way,it does NOT make it right!!! Mine wouldn't say anything alone to my face,he'd wait til there was alot of people around trying to make me look like a idiot for owning a bike.That's nothing but a back stabbing coward!!!And slander too boot!!!  Told him  to shut up the busa stays!!!!Sounds mean?But then again ya'll don't how hateful my father is.
rant.gif

Sorry about your dad.

But remember, just because your dad might suck to you, doesnt mean that Ben's dad is evil and isnt just worried about him.

Again sorry about your dad. I have a mom I think is like your dad. Its tough sometimes..
Please no one take offense.It just opened bad memories in my life.Sorry if I offended yamahor.

(proud dad @ May 03 2007,10:59)
(thrasherfox @ May 03 2007,10:43)
rant.gif

Sorry about your dad.

Please no one take offense.It just opened bad memories in my life.Sorry if I offended yamahor.
No problem PD... Sorry if it brought back those memories.

i watched you reach out and drag your fingers on the road while hauling azz through a wet curve on 129......then cringed when you told me how long you've been riding.

(JINKSTER @ May 03 2007,19:24) i watched you reach out and drag your fingers on the road while hauling azz through a wet curve on 129......then cringed when you told me how long you've been riding.
I didn't scare you then, did I? If so, sorry.

get used to your folks NOT WANTING YOU DEAD bro-my dad used to ride too...doesnt now becuase of a dumba** driver and a Stopsign....you get the idea...
all_coholic.gif

when I got my Bus he was a lil pizzd-but said hey bring it by lets see it...he sat on it, started it up, then turnd it right back off n we had some burgers-he wasnt too thrilled after my first accident (saw me the next day in a neck brace with all the bruising/cuts) and after the flip last year he threatend to have it towed...your dad isnt hatin on you riding a bike-but knowing HOW you ride makes'em want to stick your wheels in a crusher to keep you from gettin hurt again....i understand this better now that I'm parent too. We dont want to kill your fun, but we dont want you to have fun that breaks your arm n stuff...

(yamahor @ May 04 2007,19:19)
(JINKSTER @ May 03 2007,19:24) i watched you reach out and drag your fingers on the road while hauling azz through a wet curve on 129......then cringed when you told me how long you've been riding.
I didn't scare you then, did I? If so, sorry.
yes......you did....and that's why i backed off when you started teasing and flirt'in playing hard to get.
laugh.gif

Back