Dad must not like me riding

Shoot man, if you are 6'10" the Busa is about a good a fit as your gonna find!
beerchug.gif

I'm 40 and we have 11 month old twins. I cant tell you how many times I've been asked if I've sold my bikes now that I have kids or the concerned looks I get when I talk about passing along my love for riding. Or "Now that yoo're married, has your wife tried to get you to sell your bikes?"
I've been down a few times and been hurt but ALWAYS gotten back on. I've taken crap for that too.
argue.gif

(Shibumi @ Sep. 23 2007,10:59)
(LCB @ Sep. 22 2007,22
super.gif
)
(forceofnature @ Sep. 22 2007,16:44) Sometimes they just never get it.
Ain't that the truth...       This is one of my absolute favorite t-shirts.....   I can't tell you how many people read the shirt and go "Huh?..."   But the smart (lucky) ones read it and say "Heck, yeah!"
Do you have a link for reaperware shirts? Reaperware.com goes to one of those whored-out link f'ed up pages that have nothing to do with reaperware shirts...  
guns.gif

mad.gif

pissed.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

bluegrab.gif
reaperWEAR.com

(whitele @ Sep. 23 2007,07:02)
(yamahor @ Sep. 23 2007,00
super.gif
) I can understand that, and thats what I was thinking, but to me, if you can't be safe on a busa or any other "crotch rocket", you don't have the control to be safe on ANY bike.

The REALLY funny thing is my brother is on my dad's side, saying I have no right to really own any bike cause I'd kill myself *both wrecks I've had were deamed not my fault, nothing could be done* and giving me crap for my wreck on loose hidden gravel... And yet 2-3 yrs ago, he wrecked on *drumroll please* LOOSE GRAVEL!!! Yes thats right, he wrecked under the same conditions (minus passenger) and yet, says I can't ride because of my wreck... By the way, the only other incident with a motorcycle I had was a 16 yr old turning left 10 ft in front of me... Nothing could've been done. His other standout incident (he's had a couple, just none to report to popo or insurance) was being a moron and leaving his motorcycle consistently parked in the same spot in his front yard, unlocked. It was promptly stolen... But If I bring up those incidents of his, it's nothing... His wreck was cause he was inexperienced with about 3 mths under his belt (I had 3 mths when the 16 yr old hit me) and the theft... Well, he doesn;t say much about that, except it's the PD's fault for not patrolling enough.

Okay, sorry bout that...  
rant.gif
Sounds like you know what you are doing. At this point, the best thing would be to not get defensive, but when the point comes up, acknowledge that he does have valid points. And then let it go. A disagreement flows two ways and if you don't give any ammo (well, my brother did this, it was gravel, she exaggerates, etc) the discussion ends.

It's kind of tough because you want to defend your choice and correct them, but it usually does no good. (Learned this from my sister who is a social worker)
smile.gif

There may be a frustration in there from them not seeing your point of view, it's ok. Like it was said earlier, sometimes they just don't get it.
wink.gif
Yeah.. That wil be REAL tough for me.

(yamahor @ Sep. 23 2007,11:37)
(Shibumi @ Sep. 23 2007,10:59)
(LCB @ Sep. 22 2007,22
super.gif
)
(forceofnature @ Sep. 22 2007,16:44) Sometimes they just never get it.
Ain't that the truth...       This is one of my absolute favorite t-shirts.....   I can't tell you how many people read the shirt and go "Huh?..."   But the smart (lucky) ones read it and say "Heck, yeah!"
Do you have a link for reaperware shirts? Reaperware.com goes to one of those whored-out link f'ed up pages that have nothing to do with reaperware shirts...  
guns.gif

mad.gif

pissed.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

bluegrab.gif
reaperWEAR.com
Yeah - what he said...

http://www.reaperwear.com/

Ben, Whitele hit it on the head. When my son Chris bought his busa, it scared the P out of me. Nevermind that he is in his mid 30s, a combat vet, prison guard and father of two kids, he is still and will always be my son, and I'm concerned for his welfare. A few months later, I bought my busa and he had concern for me too. I'm 57 years old and have been riding for over 45 years, have 3 kids and two step sons, 13 grandkids, and I still get grief from MY DAD about riding. As you may know, I had a crash a few weeks ago myself, but as soon as I'm able and can fix the bike, I'll be back on it, and everyone in my family knows there is nothing they can do about it. Be responsible and wear your gear, ride to your capability. Let your family know how much it means to you that they care, but you are a 23 year old man and you are the one that will make the decision to ride a busa or not.

Back