~~ cycle cat and gilles ~~

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

After much ado the Cycle Cat rear lift arrived yesterday. After some assembly and one (1) wrong size bolt the stand was done. They only included one (1) two and a half inch (21/2) bolt where it needs two (2).
rock.gif

The stand comes with two (2) different attachments. One for spools and another with rubber hose on the end. This is probably for lifting by the swingarm.

I cut the rubber hose off the end otherwise it would not work with the Gilles lift kit.

The first couple of times are a little scary. Nothing to it now. Very nice.

runeight...

pic one...

104_0433.JPG

The rubber hose is for extended rides, I need to upgrade to that style as mine will no longer work on the spools.

(heavybusa @ Jan. 09 2007,07:03) The rubber hose is for extended rides, I need to upgrade to that style as mine will no longer work on the spools.
The rubber hose is for you if I ever meet you heavy..

tounge.gif

Thats great John.
super.gif
I like the Gilles stuff too. Working on rearsets and chain adjr.
DD

Have to love the Gilles GP adapter...Looks Great, and wouldn't give mine up for 20 sets of spools....lol Looking Awesome runeight
bowdown.gif

When the left side is in the lifter the right side has already begun to line up "inside" the right side lifter.

I can see where spools would be something to keep an eye on (right side) while lifting the bike.

Given the history of the kick stand tip over I would also highly suggest the kick stand mod.

Not a problem with the Gilles. Highly recomend the Gilles adjusters and lift kit.

runeight...

104_0432paint.JPG

(brendanp @ Jan. 09 2007,08:25) Looks awesome john,,,now i need those Gilles stuff
yes you do..order today!

Cycle Cat recomends keeping about 1/2 inch on the round part of the lift it's self. I spaced mine out a little more.

The reason is that when you remove the stand the ends of the Cycle Cat stand comes close to the wheels if spaced to far "in".

By spacing out a little more you reduce the risk.

runeight...

104_0430paint.JPG

runeight....Im shocked...Putting up Pics of your Bike
SHOCKED.gif

Why the life change....lol
beerchug.gif

We need another new thread to start posting up glamor shots of the busa's

(Zuki @ Jan. 09 2007,08:43) runeight....Im shocked...Putting up Pics of your Bike  
SHOCKED.gif

Why the life change....lol  
beerchug.gif

We need another new thread to start posting up glamor shots of the busa's
"dont be affraid"...
tounge.gif

wink.gif

103_0334__Medium_.JPG

(runeight @ Jan. 09 2007,10:30)
(brendanp @ Jan. 09 2007,08:25) Looks awesome john,,,now i need those Gilles stuff
yes you do..order today!

Cycle Cat recomends keeping about 1/2 inch on the round part of the lift it's self. I spaced mine out a little more.

The reason is that when you remove the stand the ends of the Cycle Cat stand comes close to the wheels if spaced to far "in".

runeight...
You two make me sick... next you'll be dressing alike
biggrin.gif

That stand is so friggin' nice. On sunday I'm going to Brendan's house and I'm gonna somehow cause a diversion to get that stand in my truck
beerchug.gif

(BigGeorge @ Jan. 09 2007,10:00)
(runeight @ Jan. 09 2007,10:30)
yes you do..order today!

runeight...
You two make me sick... next you'll be dressing alike  
biggrin.gif

That stand is so friggin' nice. On sunday I'm going to Brendan's house and I'm gonna somehow cause a diversion to get that stand in my truck  
beerchug.gif
tounge.gif

Just wait for our next endevor!
tounge.gif

runeight...

tounge.gif

Back