sprockets chains and cush...oh my!

i put 22k on mine before i had to replace the stock chain and sprockets...was at limit for adjustment..the cush...i could feel the slop and if you looked at the pics they were rubbed wrong i think...definatly time to change them and sensi's were only 54 bucks from boostbysmith...also i think my speedo is way way off now...i noticed a bit when i changed the backgrounds on the instrument cluster...now its way high...not sure how to correct this... i passed a radar for construction said i was doing 60-62 and my indicated was 70-75...

Last edited:
i put 22k on mine before i had to replace the stock chain and sprockets...was at limit for adjustment..the cush...i could feel the slop and if you looked at the pics they were rubbed wrong i think...definatly time to change them and sensi's were only 54 bucks from boostbysmith...also i think my speedo is way way off now...i noticed a bit when i changed the backgrounds on the instrument cluster...now its way high...not sure how to correct this... i passed a radar for construction said i was doing 60-62 and my indicated was 70-75...

Posted in the other thread you asked about this...but in case you don't see it there.....
HealTech Electronics Ltd. - Makers of the SpeedoHealer, GIpro and X-TRE -

Get with Pashnit....he's got them at a great price and they work perfect! At -1 and +2 you're going to be way off, factory deviation is about 8-10% exponential on most of our bikes anyway so any sprocket change is only going to amplify the speedo being off. With that, your odometer is also going to be off (more miles than you're actually riding)

You might want to add a tad bit more slack in the chain. 0.8-1.2 in is great while you are riding. The chain will loose almost all of that slack with 200 lbs on the seat. One bump and the chain will be stretched to the max. Too many bumps and you will be replacing that chain again soon.

I bought a Garmin Nuvi GPS and it works great!
About the same cost as the speedohealer.
Will give you your exact speed, along with maps, trip info etc.

The cover that is over the front sprocket, does it have to be torqued down to a specific torque spec?

cool. so how do you like the 16 42 setup? I went 17 43 and I like it. My speedo is about 9percent fast. I will probably be going 16 42 my next chain and sprocket change

The transmission should be in neutral when you are removing/torquing the front sprocket nut. Its much easier to break it lose/torque it down with the chain on and the rear tire on the ground.

Nice play by play

The cover that is over the front sprocket, does it have to be torqued down to a specific torque spec?

i looked over the manual many times...could not find a torque for the "engine sproket cover bolts"

I bought a Garmin Nuvi GPS and it works great!
About the same cost as the speedohealer.
Will give you your exact speed, along with maps, trip info etc.

i did the same thing. got a 350 nivi. works good.

fixin stuff yourself is groovy. i just can't see payin someone else to do something i like to do anyway.
thanks 4 postin

Im glad this thread popped back up Chris. Im pullin my swingarm off for powdercoat soon and dont wanna leave the rear end hangin for a week, so I bought a peice of pipe and already have jackstands. Cant take the arm off with that setup, but be great for the week while the arm gets done:thumbsup:

Thanks Chris...perfect write-up. I'm doing my chain & sprokets sometime this month and this is just what I was looking for. Might as well do the cush drives as well...thanks for your help!

Back