Cruel or Not

manatrader

Donating Member
Registered
Am I a cruel person? I have been for some time trying to get my neighbor back riding. Yesterday evening I let him take my busa for a ride; he has been riding motorcycles for years and just recently sold his GSXR 750. He came back with a smile from ear to ear!

I'd say you must be a true friend. I haven't let anyone ride my Busa yet.......

3 conditions for riding my Busa........

1 must be a good friend that won't try to SUE me if something goes wrong.

2 must have a bike of equal or higher value than my Busa that I can ride if.......refer back to #1

3 the good friend and bike owner must be have some experience with high horsepower bikes, not just cruisers.

To answer the question, yes you are cruel because now your neighbor will not be happy with ANY other bike he rides
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114098502 -->

you guys are too nice. Only person who has ridden my bike is my best bud who owns 2 zx-12's an fz-1 and Gix 750. He races semi-pro on one of the 12's. No one else can touch my bike.....too much of a risk factor.

And manatrader, i don't think you're cruel but you're just too passionate about your bike and its totally understamdable!!

i've let my old man ride it a few time.. the little bro has rode it once and i was in front of him on this Vstrom.. so I knew he wasn't gonna be doin no serious speed..

and i let the father in law ride it a little because he is thinking of getting back into biking.. hadn't rode in about 15 years.. and it was a cruiser the last time he rode.. hehe I was nervous as hell.. but I couldn't see any gracious way of saying no..

not that he asked .. I offered.. I didn't really expect him to take me up on it though.. haha.

He would have taken care of it if anything would have happened so I was more worried about him doing something to himself..

no probs though.. rode it, loved it, and I believe he is shopping for a used one right now.

I guess there is a little "Crack Dealer" in all of us........  lol

"First time you ride it is FREE, the second time is gonna cost ya!!"

<!--EDIT|HeliBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114146024 -->

Never let anyone ride Elenor....

... dont think ill let anyone ride her in the future also! Very attached to my baby to share her with anyone
biggrin.gif

Not cruel, but yeah a little crack dealer like.

I don't let anybody ride my bike though.

friend: Let me ride your bike
me: You can't ride my bike
Yes I can, I have a license.
I know but you can't ride my bike.
But I've been riding for a long time, I know how to ride a bike.
I know you can ride, but you can't ride my bike.
What's different about it?
It's MINE.  And you can't ride it

<!--EDIT|Big O
Reason for Edit: "Actual Conversation!!"|1114166244 -->

Only let one other guy ride mine. I think it really comes down to, if they drop it, what's gonna happen? I knew if he dropped the bike, he was going to pay.

Not cruel, but yeah a little crack dealer like.

I don't let anybody ride my bike though.

friend: Let me ride your bike
me: You can't ride my bike
Yes I can, I have a license.
I know but you can't ride my bike.
But I've been riding for a long time, I know how to ride a bike.
I know you can ride, but you can't ride my bike.
What's different about it?
It's MINE.  And you can't ride it
Good policy. Protects you, your bike and your friendship.

Yes, you did do a nice thing though. Once you get a taste, it can be hard to get it out of your mind. How long before he gets himself a new bike?

BTW, the only other person to ride mine was my wife. I figured she helped/let me get it
tounge.gif

Guess I'm the odd ball of the site. Lots of my friends have the code to my garage and I leave the key in all my toys. I come home and see the Harley gone or the Busa gone and I know who has it by what they parked in the driveway. In the true friendship spirit there will be the keys to the vette or the ZX12 or the custom Chopper on the kitchen counter in case I wanna go somehwere. Must be a southern thing?!? They are toys and we all understand if we break 'em we fix 'em. As long as we can walk away from whatever bad thing happens we're all OK with it.
No I don't think you were cruel but you did spend $10K of his money to get his next Busa fix!!

Back