Countdown Begins...

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
I probably have about 1 year left in the Marine Corps. Medical separation due to the fact I cannot run well without pain in my leg since the break and the rod in there. Quite exciting because I am thrilled to begin my job search soon and what will be out there for me. Time to start fine tuning the resume and start cramming classes to get my Associate's degree done before the beginning of Fall. I will continue for a Bachelors but the Associates needs to be complete so I can at least have that on a resume. Probably wont be having as much time to mod and ride the busa in my free time :poke:.

I am hoping for a job somewhere in Electronics Engineering or a field relative to such seeing that is where most of my experience and degrees will lie.

I am excited though. New places, new faces, and a career in what I love to do, hopefully.

Line yourself up to get the best you can out of your GI Bill Benefit. A resume that says "United States Marine Corps" never looks bad on a resume.

Yes, best of luck. Thank you for your service of what you have done and will do in the future. I wish you the best

Just don't change and you'll succeed. From what ive seen your already on track to do so. Don't lose sight of your goal and you will be fine.

Best of luck and thanks for your service. Electronics should be a good place to be and there is always work in the computer industry. Get all the education you can. I generally see military service as a very high mark when I hire people. Former military are more mature and goal oriented. :thumbsup:

thank you and teh best of luck and i hope you have better luck that my other friends who have recently gotten out of the service... the job search is hell right now

have you seen the economy and job market lately? oh no you havent your in the military right now. good luck. stay in if you can. jobs are scarce and now is not the time to be looking. the market is flooded with associates degree people and there are not jobs avail.

:thumbsup:
Congratulations and well wishes for you! Keep pushing forward and up! Milk that GI Bill, you've earned it!

Please don't come back to Florida...I don't think there is enough room for the both of us in Lee County...:whistle:

have you seen the economy and job market lately? oh no you havent your in the military right now. good luck. stay in if you can. jobs are scarce and now is not the time to be looking. the market is flooded with associates degree people and there are not jobs avail.

We will see. I don't think it is quite that bad. And I am not limited to one area. I will go wherever a good job takes me. Everyone getting out in the last few months in my field are getting decent jobs just fine and they have way less qualifications and education than I do.

:thumbsup:
Congratulations and well wishes for you! Keep pushing forward and up! Milk that GI Bill, you've earned it!

Please don't come back to Florida...I don't think there is enough room for the both of us in Lee County...:whistle:

:laugh: Well I probably won't be coming back to Lee county. I hope to stay within Florida but it all depends on where the money is.

Being mobile and willing to move to the job is pretty important right now.

Congratulations! And definitly use that GI Bill!! You will be fine! The right job in the right place will come along, you just keep doing your part. Thanks so much for your service! :bowdown: :thumbsup:

Best wishes, i hope that you will find something you will like out there:thumbsup:

Back