Does anyone here work in the IT (Information Technology) industry?

Is it bad that I have a wireless mesh at my house that covers about 18 acres?

not at all cap...i have wireless mesh covering my 5 acres as well :) gotta have data on the mower right?

The industry is ever-changing and keeping up with the trends is key. My company lives on the bleeding edge; so keeping up with what's going on is a must. One of the questions I ask all my candidates is related to that; after talking about how quickly things change, the technology they've seen that we have in our office, I ask them what they do to keep up? The guys that don't have a good answer or don't do much...don't make the cut. I'm looking for someone who reads forums, tech blogs, tech sites, etc. I'm looking for someone who doesn't just have a Linksys router at home... To truly keep up, it takes a passion for networking. I want that "geek" that has a Cisco switch at home, using VLANs in their own home. Has a server or two or 3 setup and has their own Active-Directory at home, Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, etc. I want the guy running Hyper-V and/or VMware ESXi and is always playing with what's coming. To do all this means that you can't expect to just work 8 to 5. You need to leave work, come home and keep at it, always learning something... The ones who live, eat, breathe networking/tech...those are the ones that will move up. The ones that treat IT as a 'job' and only think about it from 8 to 5....those are the ones that usually don't get too far. :2cents:

So funny that you still rock an Autocom system on your bike when you subscribe to these beliefs. :laugh:

If someone in the technology field said "I've got cables hanging off my bike connected to my helmet." They don't get hired... :rofl:

​Vabs put me up to it.. :hide:

Yep - still the best system on the market, IMO. Two-way radio, GPS, XM radio, Phone, rider-to-passenger....all by using one little cable to the helmet.

Now, Bots, if you're saying that you're going to buy me a Zumo 665LM or perhaps the Zumo 590LM... Oh and the Sena headset and the SR10 bluetooth adapter with the Kenwood and Motorola radio cables...then I'll take a look at ditching the cable... :p

Yep - still the best system on the market, IMO. Two-way radio, GPS, XM radio, Phone, rider-to-passenger....all by using one little cable to the helmet.

Now, Bots, if you're saying that you're going to buy me a Zumo 665LM or perhaps the Zumo 590LM... Oh and the Sena headset and the SR10 bluetooth adapter with the Kenwood and Motorola radio cables...then I'll take a look at ditching the cable... :p

It's by far the best on the market. If you truly liked technology, you'd have bought them by now. Ask Willie. ;)

Priorities, man. They aren't cheap. Oh - and the SR10 adapter doesn't support A2DP...

What do you need the FRS radios for? The Sena units do like a mile and a half, and if you can't reach 'em then, call them with voice activated calling :laugh:

When we ride in groups, not everyone has a Sena unit; they are using FRS/GMRS. And around here, phone doesn't work a lot of the places we ride. LOL

Hey, if they don't change with the times, you don't need to talk to 'em. :rofl:

If we're riding close enough, let's just install these on the tops of our helmets :rofl:

twotincans.jpg

Awwwwe.. You'd drink fire for me... :inlove:

I see you failed reading comprehension 30 years ago when you were in high school. It's all about the order in which your brain processes the sentences... :hide:

I see you failed reading comprehension 30 years ago when you were in high school. It's all about the order in which your brain processes the sentences... :hide:

Re-read that meme. I think it is you that failed reading comprehension 35 years ago when you were in high school.

Use a comma to set off parenthetical elements, as in "The Founders Bridge, which spans the Connecticut River, is falling down." By "parenthetical element," we mean a part of a sentence that can be removed without changing the essential meaning of that sentence. The parenthetical element is sometimes called "added information." This is the most difficult rule in punctuation because it is sometimes unclear what is "added" or "parenthetical" and what is essential to the meaning of a sentence.

Re-read that meme. I think it is you that failed reading comprehension 35 years ago when you were in high school.

Use a comma to set off parenthetical elements, as in "The Founders Bridge, which spans the Connecticut River, is falling down." By "parenthetical element," we mean a part of a sentence that can be removed without changing the essential meaning of that sentence. The parenthetical element is sometimes called "added information." This is the most difficult rule in punctuation because it is sometimes unclear what is "added" or "parenthetical" and what is essential to the meaning of a sentence.

So happy you learned to use :google: copy AND paste. That's 2 more actions than most men named Steve in your age bracket can handle.

Last edited:
Back