Cooked My Clutch

loboboy

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys I cooked my clutch this weekend and need to know about the Brock Clutch Ultra Mod and how it reacts and works on the street. Also is it worth the money in your opinion. I don't drag on the strip but do ride very aggressively on the street so if you could please help me out.

I also need to know where the best place to get the clutch kit fiber and steel plates from if anyone has some ideas.

thanks ahead of time

rock.gif

Unless your going to be dragging alot I don't see any reason to modify...I would just put a set of OEM plates back in...I've made countless passes at the track and my clutch is still in great condition...Close to 12,000 miles on the stock plates 02 model...However when I boosted the bike stiffer springs were installed and I also recently added the clutch ring mod which had even stiffer springs to eliminate the clunking sound and back torque that the stock setup allowed...

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113840128 -->

Interesting!!! I wonder if I have some other problem or I just abused my clutch too much?

I don't launch mine very often but I did go to the track one time and ever since then the clutch has been going down hill. Too many questions and not enough answers. For now I think I will go with your reccommendation and install the stock stuff and see what happens before I spend an ass load of money.

Thanks Stunnah, I appreciate the help
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I've been to the track a bunch...And I'm sure that I don't slip/drag the clutch that's why my 60's suck...Once they start to go that's it no turning back...

i have an 01 and just went over 8700. Do you do clutch wheelies? that may be a prob too as for the clutch mod if you dont frequetn teh track you wont need it

Back