Consumer Warning GPS tracking system

TruWrecks

Banned
I had a poor experience with GPSProtected, a company that makes a GPS tracking device that can be mounted in any vehicle and tracked online. The product is good. Don't get me wrong. It doesn't fit my requirements. I decided I need something more like Phantom Tracking. Phantom Tracking offers more features that I want, but I didn't find their product until after I got the GPSP system installed.

The bad part:

I got a call from the CEO of GPSP today, Bruce Banko, telling me that he heard I was returning the GPSP system. I told him I thought it was a good product, but didn't suit my needs. He promptly started telling me that I was being totally irresponsible by not protecting my bike with his company's product. He kept saying that my bike would getting stolen if I didn't have it. That sounded like a threat. I don't respond well to threats, but I maintained my professionalism. I just wish Bruce did.

As a result I WILL NOT be endorsing anybody to get a GPSP system.

If you care about customer service look somewhere else!

Cycle Protect and Phantom Tracking both have good alarm systems that track by GPS. I'm going with Phantom Tracking because they monitor for theft and crashes (God willing I don't need this one). GPSP only offers theft recovery for the same price as PT.

Now I'm out the activation fee. I need to work out the rest of the details with my dealer.

I'm done ranting now.

iamwithstupid.gif
laugh.gif

wow...sux to hear the PRESIDENT acted like such a c**k, bro-P.Tracking i have heard no complaints on either, and I am currently using Cycle Protect system...like u said, it fits my needs and I cannot say enuf about how well it works, n easy it was to install.

and the President of the company wasnt a crotch, either-Brian Obertone is a stand-up guy he talked w/me several times over two months before I finally bought his system, but now I'd happily endorse it for him anytime.

Hope Phantom T. gives u what u need w/o all the headaches of GPSP
beerchug.gif

This is one I found. I dont think this is the actual maker site.Link

I think this is the maker site. Here

best thing to do is call, call, n call again-ask a hundred questions before you spend ONE dollar-not a hundred dollars after askin ONE question. Be informed about your sec. system-because the theives tryin to STEAL your bike will be
guns.gif

if you dont get the answers you want from a company-prolly not a good idea to buy.
sorry you got ripped, Tru-hope the next setup works better for you
beerchug.gif

Bruce was very informative and helpful as long as he though I was only looking at his system. After working with the system, and the Scorpio alarm for a few days I couldn't get them to play nice together. To be fair, Bruce did tell me he wasn't sure if it would work the way I wanted it to.

When he called me he actually to me to us a mercury switch for the GPSP system to detect tilt. My main concern was getting the alarm to toggle the geo fence function so thieves could disable it if they found the button. He even told me "No alarm system can give you that functionality". He even disabled my web account before I got home from the dealership. The dealership was disgusted with the way GPSP handled the whole situation. They'll be calling their Rep and the CEO on Tuesday to discuss the situation. They're also giving me a refund on the purchase price minus install. That is agreeable to me. I don't think the dealership should be held liable for the products incompatibility with another manufactures products.

Thanks BD. I don't really care if I can track it on the web, so the PT system is really more of what I'm looking for. I thought about the audible alarm benefits. There are none since everyone ignores them these days. I will be happy knowing that somebody is always ready to help get my bike back if it does get stolen. I also like the approach that I will get a call if the bike moves even one foot.

The geo fence approach will only alarm if the bike moves more than 1/4 mile. That means it's already in the back of a truck or van driving off. Then I would need to get to a computer with internet access to track it. After I get the location I would need to call the local police and report the vehicle stolen so I can give them the location. Sure I can get it back, but I'd rather the asshats are caught in the act. A "Theft in progress" always gets a better police response than "My motorcycle was stolen".

Does the P/T utilize the bike battery or does it have its own power source?

It does use the bike battery, and it has an internal backup that offers full function for 12 hours. From what I've been researching the PT system will use about the same amount of juice that the Scorpio does, if not slightly more.

Just thought I let you know that a stun gun can do some serious damage to the electrical system when applied to the frame (hint hint).

Looks good Mr. B, but one thing on their website that I don't like:

"If your bike is ever stolen, just call 1-877-GPS-FIND. The professionals in our response center will help you file a police report, then work with law enforcement to track and recover your motorcycle."

It's an "after the fact" tracking system. GPSP does this also. I'm more interested in the tracking company calling me with "It's being stolen right now" should the worst happen.

TruWrecks where are you getting your Phantom Tracking from? I was wanting this system. I just dont know anyone around me to get it from.

So I was rude huh? Maybe you should check your facts. You didn't even speak with me! You spoke with Bruce Banko Sr (as this is a family owned business) who directs our sales staff.

Bad customer service? According to our notes he spoke with you for well over an hour, trying to keep you as a customer because he truly was concerned about your bike being stolen. To say he would threaten you?!? Our office is located in Florida... but I'm sure he was planning on flying to Washington to steal your motorcycle because he has nothing better to do (I want to point out the sarcasm implied here with respect to flying out there to steal your bike, because clearly your not the brightest guy).

How many companies do you know of where you can even get in touch with the CEO? We have a staff of just under 100 people, and we went out of our way to be nice to you.

Not only did you write us a bad check for the service fees (from a closed account), we still reshipped you a new unit and reprogrammed it to your custom specifications at no cost.

The fact of the matter is you paid for the service with a BAD CHECK, then got angry when we asked you to cover the bad check. You then decided to return the unit because you were angry at us for trying to collect on that bad check. Then just to cover your ass you post this on here. Unbelievable!

You know the old saying "No good deed shall go unpunished..." Prime example. Thanks for the stellar recommendation.

Back