GPS/GSM Theft Tracking

BanditKing

Registered
Frankly, having the Busa stolen once was enough.

I've been looking into tracking devices/systems. I understand straight GPS is no good, because of limitations to line of sight/cover, etc.

It's my understanding that the systems which also use GSM networks (cell phones) are better because of the better reception allows trangulation in buildings/vehicles/anywhere you can use a cell phone.

I've heard of Phontom Tracking (www.phantomtracking.com) and Talon's MikBike (www.talonalarms.com/mibike)

Does anybody here use or have experience with these or similar products?

somewhere on here is a right up using an old cell phone, it will give a way of tracking if something happens to the bike.

I do not know much about them but It makes sense that GSM would work better if it was well hidden with a battery back up. But I would still think that you would have to be right on top of the actual theft. Good luck hope you figure soemthing out.

Do what I do, Sleep with the bike with a loaded gun in your hands!!!
guns.gif

(thepushercg @ Mar. 30 2007,08:24) somewhere on here is a right up using an old cell phone, it will give a way of tracking if something happens to the bike.
already saw it. i want something a little more professional

(05BusaLe @ Mar. 30 2007,09:24) Do what I do, Sleep with the bike with a loaded gun in your hands!!!  
guns.gif
i would if i could, but it just ain't practical...plus i'm in canada, so we're not allowed to shoot thieves!!

(BanditKing @ Mar. 30 2007,16:53) i would if i could, but it just ain't practical...plus i'm in canada, so we're not allowed to shoot thieves!!
That's the whole problem right there...
biggrin.gif
guns.gif

>sigh!< you're preaching to the choir....

everytime I listen to the news, I think Canada is taking another step towards becoming a haven for criminals and pedophiles....dang liberals...

Back