Tracking biker

dewie

Registered
What's a good system to track a biker on GPS. My father takes off by himself in the middle of no where at times and now he had a scare and was worried about crashing and no one around the help him. I've seen them but have no idea what's a good set up. Something he has on him and sends out a signal so we can follow his trip online at home. Does it use cell coverage or sattalite? Thanks for the help fellas.

Does he have an iPhone? If so there's an app called Find My IPhone. You can log on to a laptop or use another iPhone to find him. Phone can be on or off it shows you exactly where it is and will guide you within I think 5ft of the phone. Guy I work with dropped his iPhone one morning when he was out hunting, he thought it was cool to have a camouflage cell phone case..... Well that chit ain't cool when you drop a camp colored phone in the woods :laugh:

He drove home and got his wife's and was able to find the exact spot where he dropped it, you can even make it ring remotely so you can find it if your in the dark or in his case thick brush.

I have no first hand experience with this system but Scorpio, a company that makes alarms for motorcycles has a system called Ride that adds a unit to the motorcycle and from then on it sends GPS coordinates to the cloud any time the bike is turned on. There are iOS and Android apps to track rides, and alerts can be set up as well. There is a monthly data plan fee that goes along with it.

Ride | Scorpio

Back