Colorado or Burst!

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Leaving the Pacific on Monday. Going to pick a mountain pass over the Sierras north of Yosemite and 2 lane it to highway 50 for the ride across NV and UT. Probably stop in Ely the first night and Grand Junction the second. Wednesday morning I'll head up to Estes Park thru the 'Park' and Thursday morning a bunch of us will ride the Trail Ridge Rd at over 2 miles above sea level (hope I can still breathe) into Steamboat Springs for the night. Friday, find another way back to Estes Park. Saturday morning I'll head north to Laramie for the low fly across 80 back home. Gettin antsy...
biggrin.gif

Don`t get caught on I-80 in WY. WY police is a group of Nazys. My last ticket was $300 there.

and have fun..
beerchug.gif

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Aug. 17 2007,23:38) Don`t get caught on I-80 in WY. WY police is a group of Nazys. My last ticket was $300 there.

and have fun..  
beerchug.gif
Thanks! Utah is pretty bad too. My V1 will be turned all the way UP for the earliest warning I can have. Wish me luck!

Have a great safe ride......

Make sure to take lots of pics........

Hey, CBX. I've done that stuff a few times, great choice of roads, Hwy 50 across Nevada can be really fun, especially with a radar detector since the geography is such that you cross about 11 mountain passes and each time emerge onto these incredible straightaways where your detector will pick up a trooper 20 miles away! The little town of Austin is a gateway to some great corners going E/B out of town! One more thing, if you see an amber color on the road surface, slow down, it'll be morman cricket guts. You can see them from a distance. One gets smashed and since they are cannibals, the rest of them go out to eat their cousins and they get smashed too. This is their season so just a heads up re: slippery as oil. Anyways, have a great ride! Raydog

Thanks for the heads up. Hadn't run into them since I rode from Mt Rushmore to Great Falls. Took a break at an off ramp and nearly slid out a couple times from the goo! Had to ride upright very slowly just to make the corner of the on ramp and get back up to speed. Very danegrous!

Back