CA, NV, AZ, UT and back!

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Well I guess I'm going. First stop will be in Vegas Saturday night, about 530 miles. Next day ride thru the Hoover Dam area on my way to Kingman AZ and R-66 to Seligman then 40 to Williams and then north to Tusayan AZ at the south rim of the Grand Canyon and Desert View. Back to Williams for the night. Next day, NE thru Flagstaff and Kayenta AZ and up into UT to Mexican Hat and Monument Valley then circle NW over thru Hanksville and the Capitol Reef NP and Torrey UT for the night. Next day ride south thru Bryce Canyon NP and thru Kanab back into AZ and the north rim of the Canyon. Back to Kanab for the night. Next day ride thru Zion NP and then haul azz across NV for a night in Mammoth Lakes CA just south of Yosemite. Next day ride north thru Dardanelle on 108 for a ride over the Sierras and home...unless I decide to go farther NW and end up on the coast! Somewhere between 2,500 and 3,000 miles in six days. Maybe I should take my camera???

I did that region. It's sweet 3300 miles in 8 days. Five national parx. Sweet.

Good luck, be safe, and YES, take your camera.

We'll be looking for a full trip-report.
beerchug.gif

I don't care about u not taking the camera(no offense) just be freakin' careful and enjoy the ride. Its good that u plan the trip out so that you're not in a hurry bro....and yes lol, take your camera
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

I'll pm my numbers just in case you have any problems. Enjoy our State and I'll look for you if I'm playing Engineer as the tracks follow Route 66.

r8

almost June and Snow in Flag? gotta love this "global warming" thing that Al Gore has going...

Man that sounds like a great trip. Be careful out there, Arizona has some cracy weather right now. Definately take your camera.

You got a place to stay Saturday night here in Vegas? If not you can crash at my place only prob is I have to leave at 4am on Sunday to go to work.

From near sea level to nearly 10,000', 2,604 miles across CA to NV to AZ to UT to AZ to UT to AZ to NV to CA to NV (missed turn) and back to CA and home on the 6th afternoon. Coldest was riding over the Tioga Pass in Yosemite on the last morning. Brrrr! Rain, cold, sunshine, blue skies with white puffy clouds, deserts, canyons, snow and mountains, wind from all directions and even a small twister or two. Triple digit straightaways (amundo) and corners...OK, corners amundo too! What a trip! Spectacular scenery!!! Gonna sleep late and...I'll get back to you. I think I took nearly 200 pics! Now, how to post them and...Here's a teaser pic

DSCN0356__Medium_.JPG

From near sea level to nearly 10,000', 2,604 miles across CA to NV to AZ to UT to AZ to UT to AZ to NV to CA to NV (missed turn) and back to CA and home on the 6th afternoon. Coldest was riding over the Tioga Pass in Yosemite on the last morning. Brrrr! Rain, cold, sunshine, blue skies with white puffy clouds, deserts, canyons, snow and mountains, wind from all directions and even a small twister or two. Triple digit straightaways (amundo) and corners...OK, corners amundo too! What a trip! Spectacular scenery!!! Gonna sleep late and...I'll get back to you. I think I took nearly 200 pics! Now, how to post them and...Here's a teaser pic
Try posting them on photobucket and just giving a link. That way you can have them all in one area for all to enjoy. Sounds like you had a great week and looking forward to seeing your journey.
clap.gif

Dan

Back