Off to the great northwest

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Will my path cross yours?

Leaving after work on the 16th from the bay area, 240 miles up I-5 to Anderson for the night at my brother's place to get a head start on my summer tour into the great northwest.

Morning of the 17th head east on 299 to Alturas CA then north into OR thru Burns for a night at Ontario OR at the ID border.

Next morning ride SE to Cascade ID then north thru McCall and past the north fork of the Payette river to hiway 12 thru Kooskia and then the Lolo Pass for a couple nights at the Lochsa Lodge near the MT border.

After a couple days there, ride up past Flathead Lake MT (east side) to Columbia Falls right outside the GNP for a ride west to east on the GTTSR (if its open) so far the forecast looks great! Then up to the Canadian border above Babb MT for pics and then south around the south edge of the park thru Essex and back to C Falls.

After a couple days there, ride NW thru Eureka MT and Bonners ferry ID south to Orofino back on hiway 12 for three nights, to commune with nature along the river for a few days.

Then ride west into WA and OR and head south at the Dalles down past Bend to Diamond Lake OR just north of Crater Lake NP for a couple days. LOVE Crater Lake!

Then SW thru Grant's Pass into CA and a ride down the Avenue of the Giants, then head over to the coast hiway and past Ft. Bragg back to the bay area.

Somewhere over 3,000 miles in five states at about 2 weeks. Anyone going my way? BTW, this year instead of my antique CBXs I'll be riding my white and silver Hayabusa with a large tailbag and tankbag. (That) ought to be an experience!

Please get the camera mount and take a video camera with you. Those roads are FANTASTIC and beg to be recorded for all to see ;)

That'll be a fantastic trip man!! If you end up in my neck of the woods...stop by!!

I'll send ya a pm.

Back