awesome mountain ride last weekend

Just curious. How tough was it for the FJR to keep up with your Busa during a hard acceleration? If you've driven the FJR, I'd be interested in your comparison on acceleration and handling between the two. I'm serious thinking about adding a Busa to my stall here soon.

Just curious.  How tough was it for the FJR to keep up with your Busa during a hard acceleration?  If you've driven the FJR, I'd be interested in your comparison on acceleration and handling between the two.  I'm serious thinking about adding a Busa to my stall here soon.
I havent ridden the FJR, so I cant compare, and my brother hasn't ridden my Busa, (he says its leaned over too much for him).
as far as acceleration, we didnt really compare, we were just doing casual ridding, nothing hard. Cornering I would think I would have to have him, just since the bike is lower.

FJR, i've ridden both....i will give you my dad's quote (the person who owns the FJR) when he got off the busa after about 30 minutes - "I just didn't realize how slow my bike is" - he had a big smile on his face but we both agreed the power/acceleration is dramatically different. The handling is probably closer than the power but it really isn't close on either count. One thing I will say is that with a stock windscreen on my busa and a larger aftermarket screen on his FJR I would have a tough choice to make on which to choose for a long trip. He is 60 years old and is thinking about trying to find a used Busa to add to the stable. Hope that helps.

I'm from Omaha, NE and about 9 of my friends are up there riding as we speak. They rented a house up in Deal's Gap. They go every year. I'll definitely have to go next year with them.

Back