Colorado Day 5, Time to come home

More of the way down. 1st gear, at an idle. :laugh:

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

Shane got to rock climb. Me taking a picture of him taking a picture of me.

IMG_1565.jpg

After we left Pikes Peak it was about 2:30 and we were hungry. We headed into to Old Colorado City and went downtown. I guess we could have stayed on the highway but I like the local flavor you can only find off the beaten path. We found a neat little cafe that was closed but seated us anyway. Food was wonderful.

2011-06-25_15-06-59_713.jpg

2011-06-25_15-11-32_532.jpg

2011-06-25_15-13-39_684.jpg

2011-06-25_15-52-55_583.jpg

After lunch we turned south on I-25 and headed for Raton New Mexico where we would pick up 412 and then to Tulsa. We rolled in about 4:30 this morning. What a trip. I had great time with some great friends. So lets recap:

Durnago, 4- Corners, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and of course Colorado. The million dollar highway, Breckenridge, Wolf Creek Pass, Hoosier Pass, crossed the Continental Divide at least 4 times, got to meet busabobh and GoAWOL, Pikes Peak, except for my stupid knife thing, no accidents, no mishaps, no tickets, greats shopping, great food, Shane will be buying a corbin rear seat and back rest very soon, and an all around wonderful trip. Shane and Marie thank you for taking the time to go with us. Bob and Sean, thank you for taking the time to share a meal with us and meet in Breckenridge.
Guys, if you have the chance, get out. Go meet people and see this wonderful country. Life is too short to only dream of doing the things you want to do. I cant believe how lucky I am to have all the friends, my wonderful wife, this amazing machine that we all love so much, and to put it all together and share with people we care about. What a life. :cheerleader:

And just for semi. :beerchug:

that is one big duck, i would have to get a trailer to haul him around with me :laugh: thanks for sharing your time and all the pics with us!! i'm so glad you guys had such a great time without anything worse than a cut that will heal...there's nothing better than spending good times and making memories with your friends :beerchug:

Very nice, amazing country. glad everyone had a safe and looks like amazing trip, thanks for letting us see the play bye play :thumbsup:

Nice pics, looks like a blast you guys had, was going to Colorado in may but we switched it up and went to south Dakota, sturgis area, was a good time but makes me regret not doing the Colorado trip now.

Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Back