Clutch pushrod oil seal & breaking open the engine

Well geez. Got a new one for y'all. Had my piston heads all lined up nice and neat in a box. It seems someone tipped the box and my piston heads are now mixed up. Mostly my fault for not individually storing them or marking them. Just how crucial is it that each head makes it back in the right hole? Seems like half the people say send it, the other half say blasphemy for suggesting it

Well geez. Got a new one for y'all. Had my piston heads all lined up nice and neat in a box. It seems someone tipped the box and my piston heads are now mixed up. Mostly my fault for not individually storing them or marking them. Just how crucial is it that each head makes it back in the right hole? Seems like half the people say send it, the other half say blasphemy for suggesting it
I'm assuming you mean the pistons themselves? If so then of course it's always best they go back where they were but at this point doesn't seem that's an option for you. Just a little tip for any future teardown you may do, get yourself a little cheap engraving gun and lightly mark everything as u take out apart in a spot that it isn't gonna hurt anything. I remember as a kid playing with the number punch set my dad had in his toolbox for marking the piston rod caps as he tore down engines but I found the embracing gun is a little easier in a lot of situations.

I'm assuming you mean the pistons themselves? If so then of course it's always best they go back where they were but at this point doesn't seem that's an option for you. Just a little tip for any future teardown you may do, get yourself a little cheap engraving gun and lightly mark everything as u take out apart in a spot that it isn't gonna hurt anything. I remember as a kid playing with the number punch set my dad had in his toolbox for marking the piston rod caps as he tore down engines but I found the embracing gun is a little easier in a lot of situations.
Sharpee marker works well too!

20210208_222106.jpg

Back