Possible Engine "Swapportunities" ???????????

JaeWooHan

Registered
So long story short I have an 07 First Gen Busa with a broken engine, pulled it all apart and a rod went through the engine block. Worst Day EVER... I also have a built 05 gsxr 750 that I've used for my track bike and my GF rides an 08 gsxr 600. I'm short on cash and have never done a bike engine swap... mostly have done cars such as a honda civic, mitsubishi eclipse, chevy camaro, and a pontiac trans am. So I'm capable of doing engine work on my own... Also I already have the 1300 engine pulled out and its completely not salvageable and not worth keeping. So my question being has anyone ever attempted to do a smaller engine swap into a busa??? I know its gonna suck compared to the 1300 engine and yes people will think its retarded... I'm just short on cash and need to do something with my bike so I can ride next season!!! And also what would be easier the 750 or 600? Would the busa engine bracket even fit a smaller cc engine??? I don't wanna pull out another engine if it won't end up even working. Please let me know if any of you have any info that could help me out!

First off, is this even a word,, Swapportunities? Not

As to your question, any thing can be done, but is it worth it? Not really!

The electronics are different, and not all the mounts will line up!

I've done it :laugh:

worked like a charm

IMG_3029.jpg

considering the all adapting you are going to have to do, probably be easier make your track bike a street bike till you can get the Busa back on the road.

What he said...if the 750 is rideable it would be much more fun to ride that bike than a Busa with a 750 engine in it.

If I had an extremely nice built 750 engine sitting alone in the garage and a Busa without an engine, I'd still have a hard time thinking about mating the two together, especially if you were thinking about ever putting the correct engine back in.

Thanks for the last two posts! I'm not retarded I know its not worth it. I just invested in alot of turbo upgrades and didnt upgrade my rods. Engine was cleaned and prepped like normal turbo setups it just blew up and now I can't invest in a new engine. 750 is a salvage title and would be more expensive than a new engine to be street legal. The 750 is built non turbo with a power commander setup. Its nice and quick just no busa thats for sure!

750 is a salvage title and would be more expensive than a new engine to be street legal.

I have a bike with salvage title on the street. Total cost was the price of registration after going to the CHP to get it inspected that it had all of it's lights and a matching VIN. All this happened in Ca so where do you get that costs more than a new engine? ???

ETA: that was my 750VFC bike that the retarded insurance company totaled because the gauge cluster and left front turn signal broke. So the total cost was 1 turn signal, 1 aftermarket gauge, and one trip to the DMV after the FREE inspection. Total $147 aprox. "New" busa engine ~$1500-3000 on ebay and you had a turbo? Sell the turbo kit and buy a new engine.

Back