engine swap

Brianzkatana

Registered
hey i have a 2001 katana 600 i was wondering if i can swap its engine for a 600 hayabusa engine if so what year would the busa engine have to be and what would i have to do to make this work?

The only way that would be possible would be to give away the Katana and buy a Hayabusa. There is no such thing as a 600 Hayabusa engine. Maybe you mean a gsx-R 600 engine?

As ridiculous as that sounds, even if it was possible, why would you waste a gsx-R engine in a Katana frame/set up?
It's like putting a Corvette engine in a Geo Tracker...:whistle:

A guy local to me has one with an old Gixxer 1100 motor in it. Lot better speed platforms out there but if you.got the money....

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

hey i have a 2001 katana 600 i was wondering if i can swap its engine for a 600 hayabusa engine if so what year would the busa engine have to be and what would i have to do to make this work?
I don't mean to be insulting, but this is the dumbest question I have ever heard :banghead:
Do at least a LITTLE reading before you post up questions like this on a hayabusa forum :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I personally would use a 1972 Ford Pinto engine, spray paint Kanji Symbols all over it, an Evil Knevil Rev Em Up Throttle, a Turbo Sound Simulator on the exhuast tip, That should Get'r Done!!

600 Busa engine???

:dunno:

Yeah dude, its been done already by this guy check it out. This Busa 600 engine makes over 1200HP without a TRE

moparbike3a.jpg

Not sure which model years, but a 750 gsxr engine is supposedly a direct bolt in for a katana...

With sprockets and a good tune, you'd have a.... Nice bike :)

lankeeyankee said:
Yeah dude, its been done already by this guy check it out. This Busa 600 engine makes over 1200HP without a TRE

Better hope that blower doesn't come untogether. Might ouch a bit!

I personally would use a 1972 Ford Pinto engine, spray paint Kanji Symbols all over it, an Evil Knevil Rev Em Up Throttle, a Turbo Sound Simulator on the exhuast tip, That should Get'r Done!!

Go git dat der engin and we be guin so fast mmhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm bobby joe be jelus of us.

Well I have seen all kinds of engine swaps. Plus I will admit to doing a couple of crazy engine swaps myself on those week ends of sitting in the garage with way to many extra parts laying around and drinking and thinking with a torch and welder within reach. Anything is possible but will it be ride able well maybe on a straight away. Look at the Boss Hoss bike a Chevy 350 or caddy 501 on 2 wheels. Grab yourself a 18 pack of beer a welder and a torch and go for it,,,,,,,,,,,LOL :beerchug::beerchug:

Back