Planning Engine Build need advice

My issues with that are no trailor and lack of trustworthy friends to pick up when leaving bike there. Trust me If I could find a way I would go to him.

If your vehicle has a trailer hitch or they are cheap to get installed. I know U-Haul dealers in major centers have motorcycle specific trailers or you could rent a pickup and get help loading it into bed. Make sure though you use a wheel chock because on a Busa the front fender sticks forward more than the tire. Also for trailer you can see if you can borrow one from local bike shop
Posted via Mobile Device

It sounds like you don't want to go drastic with your setup. I would honestly do just a head/cam package. It makes more power than just a base 1441 kit. This is a reliable setup proven time and time again. This is my opinion but you really get more out of head work/cams when you compare it to basic non stroker motors. My first 08 setup was a 1441 with no head/cam and it only made 208 on motor. It was a nitrous motor so it made more power on gas.............then I just went retarded out of my mind on the next setup and the bike is no longer streetable. I wouldn't advise this. You don't want to go there unless you have another bike. Most Busas with head/cams make in the neighborhood of 215-225 depending on many variables like cam size, fuel, etc. My little 1K has a head/cam package only and is reliable as a mofo. It makes 189 on race fuel and I can ride it to hell and back and the bike acts like a normal vehicle with respect to cooling, clutch life etc. A head/cam package is drive in drive out and you will usually only be out about $3,000.

Already did a sprocket change. I dropped a tooth in the front and added 1 to the back.

Rule of thumb is for every tooth removed or added on the front sprocket is equal to 2 to 3 teeth on the rear.
As BA BUSA stated it's like adding HP.
If you gear it for speed, depending on how much of a change, You will have to drop 1 to 3 gears to pass. Make sure you have plenty of room to pass until you get familiar with it.

Alan

Back