1507 engine build advice needed

roadrunnerdk

Registered
Hi everybody

after my stock engine dropped a valve resulting in damaged head,piston and cylinderblock i am now rebuilding it as a 1507. its a gen2 busa with a 86mm bigblock the plan is to set it up with a mild ported head and cams with a bit higher lift then stock and 65#springs.
i would like to hear your oppinion on this enginebuild,do i need to do anything to the bottomend and are the stock injectors big enough if i want to run it on E85

all info is appreciated
thanks for reading

lars

Is it worth the risk of blowing the ENTIRE engine apart by running stock rods instead of Carillos and not having the crankshaft race balanced? Main bearing and cylinder studs I'de say are another insurance measure.

-Mike@A.P.E.

86mm block wont be 1507cc,1510cc is what it will be and offset bores should have an offset crank or at least stronger rods because the rod wont be in the centre of the piston.

Bottom end I would put in rods. I put in the Wossners for this season. Lightened and balanced crank courtesy of APE and a reworked tranny from Robinson are also good things to do when you have the motor split. Shift shafts and a windage tray for sure.

All I can say if you're doing a build do a build :poke: PM gixerhhp to gather more info and ideas.

Back