thinking of doing a winter 1397 build

mnrf900r

Registered
I am thinking of doing a 1397 build. I want to do the following

1397 kit, 13.5-1 pistons. How will these fair on 91 octane?
.385 cams
Brocks alien head exhaust
full tune with pc3

what Im wondering is what kind of numbers I can expect. I plan on keeping the head stock, as I dont have a ton of money to throw at this. Id like to keep my budget to $3000. Any suggestions would be great. I might put a small shot of go fast spray on it in the future too.

thanks

you better hurry! spring is closing in fast :thumbsup:
May want to put it off til next winter and do more research... Not something to rush into as your daily ride-ability im sure changes with that kind of engine work...

I started out with the same 3K budget. IMO you need to spend more toward the 5K to build the 1397 correctly. There will perhaps be a valve job, cam chain, 24v battery setup, etc. If you do not already own the pipe and PC3, things get more expensive yet. Just my opinion. Hope things work for you.

please take a lot of pics and notes..........this is on my bucket list:thumbsup:

No, no on the stock head....need porting and guide job at least, ...mine got 395/385 cams...12:1 comp and .010 mill, cosmetic standard gasket with base gasket,.double fans and a gel battery from battery plus...works fine just need to let it cool down for about 15 minutes to restart. Cost....I did all the work myself...you are in the right ballpark if you can put it together and degree the cams ...

Just got some good news. My engine builder called to let me know our stock Busa motor wasn't. It's a 1,396 (CP 84mm pistons) and had had great head work done. Now debating on whether to install a 2008 crankd with spacer for 1,441.

Feff

Back