pulling the engine

hellrazor3114

Registered
ok everyone Im finally pulling the engine on my 05 busa to have second undercut. While I have it out I was considering pulling my base gasket for a little added oomph, then maybee a poor mans port and polish, and removing the pair. My question is if I remove the base gasket would I have to redegree my cams, and can the stock cams be redegreed? Also any other mods that ya all have in mind. Just a reminder I am on a budget (two kids and only one job). Not looking for any monster gains just a little more down low without regearing.

I would leave the top end closed.

For around $40-$80 get a rear sprocket and be done with it...it will be a lot less hassle. JT 42 or 43 tooth.

ok everyone Im finally pulling the engine on my 05 busa to have second undercut. While I have it out I was considering pulling my base gasket for a little added oomph, then maybee a poor mans port and polish, and removing the pair. My question is if I remove the base gasket would I have to redegree my cams, and can the stock cams be redegreed? Also any other mods that ya all have in mind. Just a reminder I am on a budget (two kids and only one job). Not looking for any monster gains just a little more down low without regearing.

What is the reasoning behind pulling the trans in the first place? If your on a budget I definitely wouldn't be wasting the time/money/effort to pull the motor and mess with the trans. Unless you already dropped second, I dont see it being a problem. There are numerous low budget mods you can do to get gains, and cutting that gear isnt going to do anything really.

OE cams can be re-degreed. I don't know what your budget is or the mileage on the engine. You may want to first pull the trans and and wait to find out the final costs before you start digging into another area of the engine.

Yes second was slipping. The gears are worn but not to bad. Just seent them to robinson ind to be undercut. The forks were still good. I'm asuming I will need the adjustible cam gears to degree them
Posted via Mobile Device

Back