Clutch Control in Philly

kennym4

Registered
Hey is anyone going this year ?

I didn't go the last 2 years, and heard it was a HUGE squid fest, and the group ride through Philly was a mess (I think it's on Fri. night 25'th), but you never know could be fun ?

I dont know where you got it was squid fest??? THu I did not make the night before ride. I was there for the show....it was great. If you want to see new styles and $$$$ crazy paint, this is the show to see. Last years show had over 50 bikes in it. Ill be there. Ive asked about the Friday night ride but NO one has heard anything about it for this year?

Last edited:
Never heard of it, but there's info on their website, Clutchcontrolusa.com. Here's some info from the website; I'll be out of town:

Saturday, September 26th, 2009 9am to 5pm
Wachovia Center Complex
3601 South Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA

well it seems like it will have some new vendors and events... most circles in a minute... maybe another fire this year... ice t and coco...

the ride is usually fun.

I dont know where you got it was squid fest???

Just what people were saying. They were talking about all the girls on the back of bikes, in their capri pants, high heels, and sleevless shirts. They also said almost no one had a helmet on, with their wife beaters, and club vests. Not trying to judge anyone (I don't wear head to toe leathers everywhere either), like I said "I wasn't there". I think they were talking about the ride through Philly, (don't know how you could be a squid walking around a show ??)but with that many bikes I'm sure you would have a little of everything.

Last edited:
well it seems like it will have some new vendors and events... most circles in a minute... maybe another fire this year... ice t and coco...

the ride is usually fun.

Where do they ride, through the city ? How do they keep that many bikes together through Philly, do they have cops blocking traffic ?

I dont know where you got it was squid fest???

Just what people were saying. They were talking about all the girls on the back of bikes, in their capri pants, high heels, and sleevless shirts. They also said almost no one had a helmet on, with their wife beaters, and club vests. Not trying to judge anyone (I don't wear head to toe leathers everywhere either), like I said "I wasn't there". I think they were talking about the ride through Philly, (don't know how you could be a squid walking around a show ??)but with that many bikes I'm sure you would have a little of everything.

I did not make the ride last year nor will I make it this year, dont think. But I know lot of builders that road in it. You have to rememeber that PA is a NO helmet state...so of course you will see lots of NONE helmet riders. For the major ride that was filmed for SUperBikes..I did not see many having passengers...but out of over 3000 bikes that showd up, Im sure YES you will have some of the so called squids. YES.....3000 was the guessed apon number. You know how peep get when they know that a film crew is around them!
BUT to let you know the word SQUID is a newbie to bikes ( or dont know any better)...not a thing of how they dress or what they where! ITs like the word POSER, carefull how you use it? Thats another big thread:laugh:
The ride is connected with PHILI police so the group stays together very well so I hear, but you do have those that do thier own thing and get left behind. Also another reason it is later in the evening.

I didn't make it last year but a few of the guys went and had a great time. I watched the Superbikes episode and it looked pretty good so we are trying to go this weekend.

I did not make the ride last year nor will I make it this year, dont think. But I know lot of builders that road in it. You have to rememeber that PA is a NO helmet state...so of course you will see lots of NONE helmet riders. For the major ride that was filmed for SUperBikes..I did not see many having passengers...but out of over 3000 bikes that showd up, Im sure YES you will have some of the so called squids. YES.....3000 was the guessed apon number. You know how peep get when they know that a film crew is around them!
BUT to let you know the word SQUID is a newbie to bikes ( or dont know any better)...not a thing of how they dress or what they where! ITs like the word POSER, carefull how you use it? Thats another big thread:laugh:
The ride is connected with PHILI police so the group stays together very well so I hear, but you do have those that do thier own thing and get left behind. Also another reason it is later in the evening.

That many bikes, wow!!

SQUID...(from Wikipedia) Possibly Blend of stupid and quick

[edit] NounSingular
squid
Plural
squids

squid (plural squids)

(slang, motorcycling, pejorative) A motorcyclist characterized by lack of riding gear, reckless/careless/unsafe riding, especially of sport bikers. Possibly an acronym of Stupid, Quick, Under-dressed, Imminently Dead.
"In my mind, a street squid is anyone who races on the street. Period."1
"squid: a cocky motorcyclist who darts very aggressively through traffic"2

Going by this I've been a "squid" a FEW times, LoL
And POSER, Don't even get me started on that one.:laugh:

Last edited:
That many bikes, wow!!

SQUID...(from Wikipedia) Possibly Blend of stupid and quick

[edit] NounSingular
squid
Plural
squids

squid (plural squids)

(slang, motorcycling, pejorative) A motorcyclist characterized by lack of riding gear, reckless/careless/unsafe riding, especially of sport bikers. Possibly an acronym of Stupid, Quick, Under-dressed, Imminently Dead.
"In my mind, a street squid is anyone who races on the street. Period."1
"squid: a cocky motorcyclist who darts very aggressively through traffic"2

Going by this I've been a "squid" a FEW times, LoL
And POSER, Don't even get me started on that one.:laugh:

:laugh: YEP..those deffs will work fine for the word!
Lack of gear...So if I have race boots, jeans, gloves, and glasses ( no helmet or jacket) Im a squid IF racing around. But if only cruizing around in a group ride?
:beerchug:OK got what you mean thu. NOt making this :laugh: debate:thumbsup:

I dont know if you have ever been a roar of LARGE group of sportbikes rolling thu the city...but it IS LOAD! Even at only 150 bikes....3000 count is in incredable. Ill be at the show..prob not with the MULLET thu. Look for me in a BlingRocket.com shirt with the MULLET and my Wife pic on the back:thumbsup:

:laugh: YEP..those deffs will work fine for the word!
Lack of gear...So if I have race boots, jeans, gloves, and glasses ( no helmet or jacket) Im a squid IF racing around. But if only cruizing around in a group ride?
:beerchug:OK got what you mean thu. NOt making this :laugh: debate:thumbsup:

I dont know if you have ever been a roar of LARGE group of sportbikes rolling thu the city...but it IS LOAD! Even at only 150 bikes....3000 count is in incredable. Ill be at the show..prob not with the MULLET thu. Look for me in a BlingRocket.com shirt with the MULLET and my Wife pic on the back:thumbsup:

No, I've never been on a group ride that would even come close to that number. That's kind of what makes me want to do it. That's a shame you won't have your bike there, would have turned a LOT of heads !!!

dam sounds like a plan but i got a graffiti show i'm in , in nyc saturday.

rev wassup...where is this show@...im not too far from philly...are u going???

Wachovia Center...I think I spelled it right? ITs right off of I-95.
Here is a link:

CC09:3RD GEAR!
Quick pic of last year, and thats just the show area. Many venders, shops, stunt contest, stunt show by Jason " No limit" crew, and more. Ice T and Coco there this year. And as always 2WheelTuner coverage and girls walking around:laugh:

DSCN1659.jpg

DSCN1660.jpg

Damn you guys have fun grab a steak with for me over at Pats or Ginos, God I miss Philly. Can't find a really good steak anywhere out here nobody knows how to make the bread :whistle:

Damn you guys have fun grab a steak with for me over at Pats or Ginos, God I miss Philly. Can't find a really good steak anywhere out here nobody knows how to make the bread :whistle:

I hear yah !!! When I moved to Texas for a little while they had no idea what a Hogie was. Then one day I saw a sign that said "PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS", I was SIKED, but when I got my sandwich it was on a hamburger bun, with American cheese.....WTF ?

Back