Its NOT just for show.

BigRod1300

Registered
I have never run the 1/4 drag on a bike before, just with a car years ago.  Well Test/Tune night came this past Friday and I had to be there.  The Big Blue Mullet run thru the 1/4 for the first time. $25 bucks for the night and 7 runs later...I still need more experiance.  First run was 11.8 @ 122 mph.  Had a lot of issues launching... bogging and not slipping the clutch.  Best run was 10.89 at 139 mph w/ 1.7 60 foot time.
Vid 1...first time down. The Wife was shaking the cam so bad.

vid 2....was the was the best of the evening

vid 3...back for the time slip

Stats: 07 Busa with 10in stretch and 330 tire, modified HMF dual exhaust, BMC race filter, pair valve mod, small air box mod, tre, gear 17/43, strapped front susp and air-ride rear susp.  I weight 210 out of leathers.

Now I got to go clean it up for July 20th MIR bike fest SHOW.
laugh.gif

DSCN1428.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
wow looked really good for a "first timer" nice civil burnout (we get a lot of guys that think burnout means rev limiter)

the final ET was not too bad either (right in line with most first timers)

Looks like a pretty good crowd for a "test and tune" night too...

When is your next trip?

If you get rid of that HUGE rear tire and shorten the wheelbase about 4 inches you will be impressed with your times.

To quote the words of a friend, "Pretty ain't always fast".

thats the way to do it, Rod!
beerchug.gif

enjoy your bike however u f**kin want bro-10.90s in the 1/4mi is waaaaaay better than any cage under $100,000 so I'd say you got yourself a bargain-rocket!
bowdown.gif

just make sure you take those turns wide, bro
firedevil.gif

Thanks guys. Burn out on that big of a tire...had to keep it mild. Did not need to get it that hot other wise Im just waisting the rubber. It serves no purpose being little chunks on top of the tail.
lol1.gif
. For the jackshaft...their rated for 500 hp, afer 7 runs and the chain is still in good adjustment. Oh I'll be back to the trac soon. Nothing wrong with being purtty and making it work at the same time. Yea if I was after full drag, I would have never went big tire. Looking for the perfect mix: Fatty bling, 1/4 drag, and streetable travel and handling. I think I busted a myth about fatty tire runs at the 1/4 time, working on vid for the fatty can NOT handle myth. OH please dont turn this into an 8 page rants about handling with stretch and big tire!
spank.gif
Vid soon that will take care of that.
beerchug.gif

cool.gif
thumb_up.gif

Congrats on the 1/4 mile runs bro !!! The vid's are great and it is nice to see a beautiful bling bike out there performing so well !!!
zzwhip.gif
beerchug.gif

Nice times...If you are going to MIR this weekend you should enter the show and the drags
race.gif

Lesson learned....
banghead.gif
Blue bike...use blue painters tape next time on the tail lights and under tail next time. It took over an hour to get all that sticky rubber off. Not to mention some small chipps on the undertail
banghead.gif

banghead.gif

That's pretty good for your first time out. I took several outings to run a 10.8. Are you shifting with the clutch? The big tire will slow you down a bit, but you can't be too long.

Back