Clutch adjustment

Mongoose

Registered
Hello all. I have been reading this forum for some time and find the knowledge base unbelievable. I have a question, involving the hydraulic clutch on an 06 Busa. Is there any adjustment at all, other than the lever position? I drove a friends bike and his clutch engaged much closer to the grip than mine, I almost have to let go completely befor it grabs. Is there a way to adjust it inside or with the cable? Thanks.

There is no adjustment other than the pivot point on the lever
wink.gif

First, welcome to the board...second...i'm assuming you have a brand new bike since your talking about the 06...that said your clutch will break in and the engage point will change over time as you ride it more...your buddies is "older" i'm assuming so that is probably why it feels so different to you...I had the same thing happen to me, i rode a friends busa and when i bought my brand new one the clutch felt WAY different but now that i've gotten a few thousand miles on it....it's much better now.

you could have air in the line(its a Busa Trademark) bleed the system. Then see where she engages at. It should improve.

Glad you joined us..RSD.

hi mongoose...........welcome to the best daaaammmmmmmm site on net..... enjoy the madness.............. talk 2 ya soon i hope.........
beerchug.gif

cd9288bf.jpg

Back