Clutch engagement point

JrGMan

Registered
Coming over to the Hayabusa from the Yamaha FJR 1300 which is a pretty nice bike. I was wondering if I am just used to the clutch engagment point of the FJR as my 'Busa's is practically at the outer limit of the lever. In other words, I only have to pull the clutch lever in a really short distance to engage the clutch. My concern is that I want to ensure that I won't damage the clutch by the engagement point being out of adjustment.
Was wondering what you guys thought and if you think this is normal?
rock.gif

Try turning the dial on the lever. Find a place you like. You'll probably start to like the quick release of the clutch right away. Just takes some getting used to.

(stlbusarider @ Jul. 27 2007,17:03) Try turning the dial on the lever. Find a place you like. You'll probably start to like the quick release of the clutch right away. Just takes some getting used to.
+1

(stlbusarider @ Jul. 27 2007,16:03) Try turning the dial on the lever. Find a place you like. You'll probably start to like the quick release of the clutch right away. Just takes some getting used to.
And it that is not far enough for you, brock makes a different adjuster that will move it even closer.

If it's a used bike bleed the clutch and make sure no air is trapped in the system.

You can also add a couple spacers available from Brock's that will slightly stiffen the springs which will engage the clutch sooner.

Depending upon the mileage of the bike's clutch it may need to be replaced.

Back