Clunking after new clutch installed

Ice3460

Registered
hey guys.. my clutch went out. I replaced it...had a hard time bleeding it... got it bled, started her up and its almost slamming into gear. I havent driven her yet, but when i put her in first..it doesn't sound good. It does the normal click sound but then also has a slam. I installed an outlaw clutch. I put the friction plates in properly. The steel plates were a pain in the ass... i did put the dull side towards the motor on all of them. I know that steel plates 5 and 6 are thicker on the stock one and im not sure if i put the two thicker plates in the right spot because I couldn't even tell if they were thicker on this new clutch. They all looked almost the same. I thought maybe two were bigger but honestly just think it was me trying to think they were because I was so frustrated. Could this be causing the issue im having if the 2 steel plates werent in spots 5 and 6 from the inside counting out? I can clearly tell on the stock steel plates that they are thicker. Please let me know!

"The steel plates were a pain in the ass"
Why was that? They didn't slide in easily and smoothly? Like they are binding? Didn't fit in like the OEM ones did? This coupled with your other thread...maybe buy OEM steels and fibers and start fresh. I fail to see the "magic" in an' Outlaw clutch kit. What do they advertise? Stiffer springs? Thicker drive or drivens? What? Is the stack height of an' outlaw pack the same as stock? Something is wrong with your clutch pack...no amount of air is going to cause this issue. I would put it all back together with OEM as outlined exactly in the exploded view in the manual. If you do that,couple with your new master,etc...my guess is it will work. Work slowly,examine all your componants. The hub,basket,everything. Count and measure your stack.
Rubb.

Back