clutch lever stuck after changing clutch

Ice3460

Registered
Hey guys, i have a serious problem and I'm not sure what's wrong. I changed my clutch out. I had squeezed the lever a few times with the clutch out and it pushed the pin out as im sure it should. When I was trying to torque the pressure plate back, my wrench wasn't working properly and I ended up snapping a bolt.. no biggie. I took off the hub nut and removed everything. I extracted the broken screw successfully. I put everything back in exactly how it came out. Got the pressure plate on and tightened them down snug but not too tight... the pressure plate was a little bit away from the clutch disk. i squeezed the clutch lever and it allowed me to squeeze but the clutch plates weren't seperating...i squeezed it again and something popped and the pressure plate was now tight against the basket. But when i went to squeeze the clutch it is completely stiff. I cannot squeeze it at all. I took the hub nut back off and removed everything again down the where the picure i posted below is... i still cannot squeeze the clutch lever. Its Jammed and stuck on something. If anyone has any idea of what it could be please let me know asap!

1600991203689362280932727096730.jpg

So the verdict that I came up with is that when I had the pressure plate off and I squeezed the clutch lever there were no springs to retract the push rod and it came out of the the hole of the slave cylinder. When I put the plate back on and the pin in...it pushed the push rod onto the slave cylinder piston and not into the hole.. when i squeezed it again it put pressure on the slave cylinder cracking the housing and making the piston cockeyed.
Moral of the story...don't ever squeeze the clutch lever without the pressure plate attached!!+

So the verdict that I came up with is that when I had the pressure plate off and I squeezed the clutch lever there were no springs to retract the push rod and it came out of the the hole of the slave cylinder. When I put the plate back on and the pin in...it pushed the push rod onto the slave cylinder piston and not into the hole.. when i squeezed it again it put pressure on the slave cylinder cracking the housing and making the piston cockeyed.
Moral of the story...don't ever squeeze the clutch lever without the pressure plate attached!!+

1600997357211584633793577883208.jpg

@Ice3460

my idea was at 1st now to control the 2nd hole in the reservoir above (under the silver little cap) if it is clogged
because - i suppose - when clogged
the volume, you pumped down to slave by your pulling the lever, can´t get back into the reservoir and when installing the clutch properly you build up such a high pressure inside system that it´s force had no other way but to crack your sprocket cover.

I suppose that you can also "check" the 2nd bore by testing the piston of the slave at the bottom by trying to push the piston back in.
usually you can push the piston back in with just two thumbs without having open/unscrew the reservoir´s cap.

if not by thumbs and if you need much more hand strength for this (using a screw clamp) , tells u that the fluid cannot flow back into the reservoir because of the clogged 2nd hole.

i myself and an other guy here in the forum some days ago already had the problem that the clutch didn´t work (engage) after some 8-10 moves with the lever
caused by this clogged 2nd hole.
result - the clutch plates got no more contact - the clutch didn´t engage any more and the lever got harder and harder.

Last edited:
Back