I Have A Clutch Problem.

tinmann840

Registered
I bought new clutch plates and I'm sure I installed them in the proper order, beveled metal ring washer first bevel out then then flat ring washer, first and last fibers are the thick one and forth and fifth metal plates are the thicker ones. My issue is the pressure plate thrust pin does not sit flush as the one in this picture. When I slide it in there is still an inch gap between the flange of the pin and the nut that holds the clutch basket on. So the bike starts in neutral but as soon as I shift to first gear it shuts off. More of a stall like when you come off the clutch to quick with no throttle.
IMG_4962.JPG

Wow, good thing I have a BKing. 30 views and not a response is the same as seeing another biker broke down on the side of the road and hammering right on by.

Difficult to understand your description of assembly, without photos, a photo of a nut, is not very useful.
Kinda like, standing by the side of the road, without your thumb out.

When I first read this yesterday my thought was that any time there is an 1 inch gap that shouldn't be, well, something is terribly amiss. Let me add, I know nothing about what you are doing.:)

Sound a lot lime what gappened on my old GS bike. Does the clutch basket spin feely from the hub when no plats are installed? Mine had a worn wssher and when I torqued the input shaft nut it actually ended up pressing the hub to the basket.
Also, the hub itself has to fit so that the tabs and slots in the back of the hub fit together.

I think this Busa has seen it's last days as a streetbike. I'm sending it to Utah and having a tubo motor built with a stage 2 with water. Scott and I came to a figure of around $7700.00 a couple of months ago but I'm willing to go a few stacks more. I have the BKing to street or maybe buy a Indian or a Harley cruiser for me and my shortie.

Back