Close to impossible!

Chango

Registered
Just had to share,I'm a professional martial arts instructor. Today I had a special class in Ohio and I live 1 hour and 1/2 away by car. So I decided inspite of it being chilly this morning I will roll my busa. It was a beautiful ride. Starting out with plenty of time I challenged myself to simply stay with in 10 MPH of the speed limit. Well I road setting up for most of the ride just taking it all in. Well about a 1 half hour into it just feeling how smooth this bike is. Well I look down and 15 over so I back off of it. Well back to cruising and chilling and no more then 5 minutes in and I look down and 13 over. I don't think it is possible! Even just cruising this beast wants to go fast. LOL! Got there 15 minutes earlier then expected. You gotta love this bike stable as hell and just hugs the road like baby to it's mother. The busa is a classic there is nothing like it. That's all I had to say about that (Forest Gump voice)

Nothing beats the busa riding experience! :laugh:

So is there a difference in being a professional MA instructor as opposed to being an amateur instructor? What would be the criteria?

Not an expert by no means but the martial arts world especially now with the popularity of MMA is loosely regulated. There are seminars and training expos across the country where you can go and get accreditation in certain styles and authorization to advertise and become an affiliate with popular/well known martial arts academy's. Nowadays though any and everybody can get a certificate online or buy karate trophies etc. And open a dojo. Gotta just do research and find out who and where they were trained.

Case in point there was 3 guys close to where I lived that opened an MMA gym. They had $$$ so the gym had all new nice shiny equipment. They traveled to a few MMA expo's took pictures with some well known guys in the sport and bought some merchandise to decorate their gym. Appearance wise it looked legit but not 1 of them had a fight between them or a belt of any color :laugh: They got exposed when they claimed 2 be affiliated with American Top Team and a guy actually did some research cause it seemed off 2 him because he's fought before. He got in contact with the actual gym and they didn't know who they were and sent a cease & desist letter to them! They were literally conducting their training off dvd's they bought online :rofl:

To OP: you nailed it! This bike is a pleasure to ride even at 10 under!

I was riding to a track day once, and had to ride 5 under - all the way there, and all the way back. That's about 240 miles round trip. If anyone cares why, I'll tell you a story. Don't want to hijack the thread.

I could not agree more, while this bike is a pleasure at any speed....the busa loves and craves speed, riding within limits is a challenge! I think the issue is the effortless ability to speed and how smooth the bike is, 70 to 80 feels like 30!

Funny, I always wonder if other riders feel bad about opening up their busa on those isolated stretches of road. I am no angel but I try to limit the spirited WOT pulls to a few seconds and within reason....as much reason that is possible on a busa that is! :laugh:

I teach martial arts for a living. My certifications only hang on the wall etc... the real skills have come from more then 38 years of training. Competition and combat are only one part of it at the end of the day folks benefit from the traditions, skills and practices I show them. It's the best job on the planet! I own and operate a school as my profession. I often get invited to do public speaking as well as workshops etc... This is why I called myself a " professional martialartist". I agree and I hate it that there are many frauds out there. It makes it hard for the rest of us but what can you do? Sorry about the side track there.

I could not agree more, while this bike is a pleasure at any speed....the busa loves and craves speed, riding within limits is a challenge! I think the issue is the effortless ability to speed and how smooth the bike is, 70 to 80 feels like 30!

Funny, I always wonder if other riders feel bad about opening up their busa on those isolated stretches of road. I am no angel but I try to limit the spirited WOT pulls to a few seconds and within reason....as much reason that is possible on a busa that is! :laugh:

Mine doesn't like doing anything under 70. The engine seems too lopey until I get up into the RPM band. Cruising at 3k at 55 is no fun! Sucks, cause my buddies harley just shakes and shimmeys over 90, and thats where the Busa starts getting fun.

Back